Braunston Historic Boat Rally 2020

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

Does anyone know the dates for next year's Rally. It normally takes place over the last complete wekend in June which will make it  27th - 28th June 2020. Would it be safe to assume those are the correct dates. I need to know in order to sort out family visits from overseas next year.

25 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I would ask Braunston Marina, rather than rely on any hearsay on the forum.

I was not seeking hearsay but informed advice. Because so many others who are not members of staff at the marina need to know about  it, the owners of historic craft often know the proposed dates before the Marina Office staff. Even Tim often seems to be vague when asked.

Edited by David Schweizer

1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

Does anyone know the dates for next year's Rally. It normally takes place over the last complete wekend in June which will make it  27th - 28th June 2020. Would it be safe to assume those are the correct dates. I need to know in order to sort out family visits from overseas next year.

I think that is a reasonable assumption, particularly as it is not a case were 1 day of the weekend is in June and the other in July.

17 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

I was not seeking hearsay but informed advice. Because so many others who are not members of staff at the marina need to know about  it, the owners of historic craft often know the proposed dates before the Marina Office staff. Even Tim often seems to be vague when asked.

However, I can't see how we can know the dates before the office staff do!

17 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I think that is a reasonable assumption, particularly as it is not a case were 1 day of the weekend is in June and the other in July.

However, I can't see how we can know the dates before the office staff do!

Because Tim doesn't always tell them  (from a horse's mouth!)

Just now, David Schweizer said:

Because Tim doesn't always tell them  (from a horse's mouth!)

So you think he tells us, the historic boat owners, even if he has not told them?

All of the communications I ever get about it are from his staff, never Tim himself.

We usually get Christmas Cards fro them, but I'm struggling to remember if those ever refer to next years date. (And even this household doesn't still have the cards up from last Christmas!...)

As a historic boat owner who has attended in the past, I get to know about it when I receive an invitation through the post from Braunston Marina. In the last couple of years this has come from member of staff Graham Newman, who is a member here.

Edited by David Mack

1 minute ago, Nightwatch said:

David. So sorry. Had to go into Daventry yesterday and by the time I got back it was too late. I need to go in for a pumpout, hopefully this afternoon. Again, sorry I didn't go yesterday.

That use to be a good pumpout, really sucks, you can probably do 2 boats on one token

• Greenie 1

The dates have been Confirmed. Nightwatch has spoken to the people in Braunston Marina who have confirmed next years dates - 27th - 28th June 2020. Many thanks Martyn, this must be the earliest announcement we have ever had.

Edited by David Schweizer

On 28/11/2019 at 11:30, ditchcrawler said:

That use to be a good pumpout, really sucks, you can probably do 2 boats on one token

:offtopic:A shame though that the laundry facilities are in the same area, and when using them you get stunk out by the disgusting pong from it!

Unless they have changed things, of course, but we vowed never to use that laundry facility again...

The dates have been Confirmed. Nightwatch has spoken to the people in Braunston Marina who have confirmed next years dates - 27th - 28th June 2020. Many thanks Martyn, this must be the earliest announcement we have ever had.

Does this mean boats are going to start staking out there early mooring spots?

and arriving before Xmas in readiness?

7 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

:offtopic:A shame though that the laundry facilities are in the same area, and when using them you get stunk out by the disgusting pong from it!

Unless they have changed things, of course, but we vowed never to use that laundry facility again...

My laundry mistress used the facility today. Not a good result. (May be operator issues) but I’m not brave enough to say that! We have two ruined pillow cases, one pillow protector, and the curtains from the saloon have not come clean. Admittingly, the tops were grubby from the stove, but.............. Not a good experience, sadly. Not inexpensive either. The dryer has torn a couple of items. 
we have a washer onboard but having curtains and a set of bedding to do thought it a good idea to use a biggy machine. 

Lesson learnt. May even have to dig out the iron. 
I agree about the close proximity of the pump out, which we also used today. A good experience. But ours doesn’t smell!.,

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, David Mack said:

I have today received my invitation to the rally from Braunston Marina, confirming the date as 27-28 June. 

I'm not at home, so can't see my snail mail.

Am I right in thinking it's a "proper boats" year rather than a Josher one?

• Horror 1