Lister SR3 rebuild

Twon

Featured Posts

Having recently started to get problems with my SR3, Stalling when hot, smoking i opted to pull it out and have a proper look about and completely restore her.

The first problem was indeed injector related, it had the wrong injector fitted and the nozzle was missing! I've completely completely stripped it, new pistons. Rebore, skimmed/polished the crank and many many other little bits.

While popping it all back together I've noticed it has a few components missing!

Between each cylinder block i noticed evidence of wear from a piece i hadn't removed! I looked into it and it looks like they had heat reflection baffles to prevent hot spots...i think!

Could anyone confirm this? Could they also let me know anywhere i could get hold of some or a decent photo of a set so that i could manufacture some.

Thanks in advance

It is surprising how many SR's have the baffle plates fitted upside down! This will cause overheating as the cylinders won't get the correct airflow.

They need to be fitted before the cylinders and heads are clamped down. (the lugs go at the bottom!!)

Edited by PhilR