Helpful Video for Newbies

GRLMK38

Featured Posts

32 minutes ago, GRLMK38 said:

Here is a very informative video for new boaters .... (and probably one of the funniest canal related videos ever!)

When people feel it necessary to tell me something is funny, it usually isn't.

So I didn't watch this video!

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
Add a bit
  • Greenie 2

8 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

When people feel it necessary to tell me something is funny, it usually isn't.

So I didn't watch this video!

Neither did I. Its obviously going to be done by someoene who doesnt use a proper boat bog and prefers girlie pumpouts. Correctly used a cassette is simple, clean and easy to use.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Neither did I. Its obviously going to be done by someoene who doesnt use a proper boat bog and prefers girlie pumpouts. Correctly used a cassette is simple, clean and easy to use.

I use a pumpout but agree with the rest. (should I now change my gender?)

On 23/11/2019 at 09:09, mrsmelly said:

Correctly used a cassette is simple, clean and easy to use.

Of course it is, hence....

On 23/11/2019 at 08:56, LadyG said:

I don't think so ..............

I use Thetford Blue.

Wear a mask impregnated with real lavender oil

One trip gloves

Safety goggles

Clothes which are non absorbent.

:)

• Greenie 1

He made so much hard work of that, press the button , tip the cassette up and all the contents are out in seconds, put the pipe down into the elsan and nothing splashes back.

Fill with clean water , empty again and repeat   job done.

It doesn't really smell if you use the right amount of blue.

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, Rickent said:

He made so much hard work of that, press the button , tip the cassette up and all the contents are out in seconds, put the pipe down into the elsan and nothing splashes back.

Fill with clean water , empty again and repeat   job done.

It doesn't really smell if you use the right amount of blue.

Exactly, and they way I have been doing it for years with no problems.

On 23/11/2019 at 09:09, mrsmelly said:

It's about emptying a cassette. What a blooming wimp. Just empty the bloody thing. Get on with it.

• Greenie 4

6 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

It's about emptying a cassette. What a blooming wimp. Just empty the bloody thing. Get on with it.

My missus has more balls than he has!! Trouble is these days lots of people watch nonsense on You tube and much of it is wrong.

Edited by mrsmelly
numpty
  • Greenie 1

On 24/11/2019 at 12:37, Nightwatch said:

These are the new style boaters that are coming onto the canal making Vlogs telling all the other Newbies how it's done on Facebook and other Social Media. He's a bit of a drama queen on here, obviously draging it out for the Vlog, their followers and those that donate. A lot of which have never been on a narrow boat or even seen one in real life, so they have no real aspect of life on the canals. A bit embarrassed for the guy which is a shame as from what I hear he and his partner are good decent people.

Edited by PD1964

On 24/11/2019 at 16:33, Goliath said:

I think it’s funny

but I am easily amused 

I laughed I must admit, although he did make a drama out of an unpleasant but simple task.

The gagging over the smell was funny, even now it will occasionally get me like that, god knows why :)

all that aside he seems like a nice bloke enjoying the life

3 hours ago, PD1964 said:

These are the new style boaters that are coming onto the canal making Vlogs telling all the other Newbies how it's done on Facebook and other Social Media. He's a bit of a drama queen on here, obviously draging it out for the Vlog, their followers and those that donate. A lot of which have never been on a narrow boat or even seen one in real life, so they have no real aspect of life on the canals. A bit embarrassed for the guy which is a shame as from what I hear he and his partner are good decent people.

That’s my take, they seem nice guys and they make very well produced and entertaining videos, but that is what they are, entertainment, not how to.  Take a look at their videos on the Ribble  link, there is a lot of drama which makes for an entertaining video, but I would say very much over dramatic.

if you want a more down to earth toilet video, then Cruising The Cut’s is probably better

• Greenie 1

"That’s my take, they seem nice guys and they make very well produced and entertaining videos, but that is what they are, entertainment, not how to.  Take a look at their videos on the Ribble  link, there is a lot of drama which makes for an entertaining video, but I would say very much over dramatic"

Yes they are really decent guys from what I've heard and often Vloggers like to entertain their viewers as only they know how. Good luck to them. 

53 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I laughed I must admit, although he did make a drama out of an unpleasant but simple task.

The gagging over the smell was funny, even now it will occasionally get me like that, god knows why :)

all that aside he seems like a nice bloke enjoying the life

We laughed pretty good too.  First time to empty a cassette I image a lot of people react similarly.  Especially if you have an aversion/fear of handling sewage as so many seem to have Hence the great toilet debates.

• Greenie 1