Man threatens to blow up boat on canal

Sir Percy

Featured Posts

[Daily Express]

Emergency services rushed to the scene at the Aire and Calder Navigation on Lock Lane and have closed the road, backing everyone away from the bridge. Staff working on the canal have been evacuated up to the road and firefighters and police are there with boats. Armed officers, police dogs and fire and rescue teams have rushed to the scene.

Edited by Sir Percy

7 minutes ago, Sir Percy said:

[Daily Express]

Emergency services rushed to the scene at the Aire and Calder Navigation on Lock Lane and have closed the road, backing everyone away from the bridge. Staff working on the canal have been evacuated up to the road and firefighters and police are there with boats. Armed officers, police dogs and fire and rescue teams have rushed to the scene.

They must do all they can to prevent any explosion.

If it goes up in that location in Yorkshire the damage could run to several thousands of pennies, maybe even a sheep.

Get the silly bastard shot ASAP.

Where are the Mountain Rescue and the RSPCA and the RSPB when you need them?

• Greenie 1

I'm yet to see the video and the story but I think I can guess who it is. If it is who I think it is, he used to be moored in Leeds, just up from Office Lock and was there for about a year.

So let's now see if it is who I think it is...

Edit. Bingo.

18 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Why has my post been hidden?

I can see it!

Edited by NB Caelmiri

8 minutes ago, NB Caelmiri said:

I'm yet to see the video and the story but I think I can guess who it is. If it is who I think it is, he used to be moored in Leeds, just up from Office Lock and was there for about a year.

So let's now see if it is who I think it is...

Edit. Bingo.

I can see it!

Presumably it was "subject to approval". Just for clarity @Athy, why? Its now visible, not as in the screenshot. 

Edited by Jim Riley

22 minutes ago, Dave123 said:

Anyone know the background to this? Sounds like mental health issues?

Definitely mental health issues that probably haven't been helped by his apparent consumption of narcotics. He was in Leeds up until lately, moored in one place just up from Granary Wharf/Office Lock for at least a year. In fact, I think he was there for going on two years if not longer. Another boater I spoke to said "Ignore him, he's a nut and deals spice". I assume he wasn't referring to garam masala/ground cumin or cinammon.

Just now, Jim Riley said:

Presumably it was "subject to approval". Just for clarity @Athy, why? 

I don't know. I was reading the topic, came across your hidden post which needed approval, I looked at it and it appeared O.K., so i pressed the "approve" button. 

1 hour ago, Boater Sam said:

Get the silly bastard shot ASAP.

33 minutes ago, Dave123 said:

Anyone know the background to this? Sounds like mental health issues?

Not Sam, apparently. Some people ooze empathy from every pore, don't they?

Do I really need to explain why summary "justice" is such a bad idea?

41 minutes ago, matty40s said:

1st advert in the article....

Relax in style on a characterful narrow boat, and relax on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales

I tihnk you might find that the online news site has seen some of your cookies and directs "appropriate" advertising to your browser. 

58 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Ive never ever thought of Muffin the Mule.

It gives the sheep a rest.

34 minutes ago, Athy said:

I don't know. I was reading the topic, came across your hidden post which needed approval, I looked at it and it appeared O.K., so i pressed the "approve" button. 

Isn't there something in the rules about posting links to 'that' forum ?