new friend

Hudds Lad

Featured Posts

whenever I load the forum recently, I have a new friend, here he is;

annoyance.jpg.8c35fd8a7f0db710e32dd56a8cec0824.jpg

normally on other websites, you click the cross and away he goes never to return. but my new friend is here on every single page I click, no matter what I do.

I have all notifications turned off because that's how I like it, but my new friend thinks I should do otherwise.

is this a board setting? or is it me I wonder as I've recently had a Windows update, although as I said it happens with no other site after the initial prompt.

17 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

whenever I load the forum recently, I have a new friend, here he is;

annoyance.jpg.8c35fd8a7f0db710e32dd56a8cec0824.jpg

normally on other websites, you click the cross and away he goes never to return. but my new friend is here on every single page I click, no matter what I do.

I have all notifications turned off because that's how I like it, but my new friend thinks I should do otherwise.

is this a board setting? or is it me I wonder as I've recently had a Windows update, although as I said it happens with no other site after the initial prompt.

Just you so far, it's your charming personality 

@RichM

• Haha 1

solved!

unless Notifications are turned on in the Action Centre of Windows 10, it seems it will just ignore any preference you have.

my little friend is now gone :D

odd how it only happened on this site though, ah well, every day's a school day

You are preaching to the choir there. Win10 was the kick in the but I needed and I now use Linux. 

I do have need of Windows occasionally for a couple of specific pieces of software. So I have mine set up with a Dual Boot with Win7 as the second OS. But day to day. 98% of time it is Linux Mint.