His Dark Materials

max's son

Featured Posts

Yes it’s most definitely the G&S . They paid CRT a substantial sum to have exclusive use of the canal from purton lower bridge down to sharpness . I happened to be moored at purton when a gaggle of BBC staff were scouting the location. 
Some local boaters were paid a tidy sum for the use of their heavily disguised boats in the footage. 

1 hour ago, plato said:

Yes it’s most definitely the G&S . They paid CRT a substantial sum to have exclusive use of the canal from purton lower bridge down to sharpness .

This implies that the canal was closed, which isn't the case, in my experience. We were held up for twenty minutes for a single take, and a chunk of the VMs as Sharpness were reserved, but otherwise the canal remained open.

MP.

19 hours ago, max's son said:

Watched this on Sunday night, was it filmed on the G&S canal plus shots of the hulks at Purton?    it is days with lots of CGI addedIMG_20191119_135954.jpg.2903e28ec144abd237f8d3491b7c6ab9.jpgIMG_20191119_140003.jpg.19fc9e83785909af407a451376ca155a.jpghard to tell these

The second photo was between saul junction footbridge and Parkend bridge? As soon as I saw the two old boats on the side i noticed it, one full of reeds and one full of water.

When did they do the filming there?

39 minutes ago, rustydiver said:

The second photo was between saul junction footbridge and Parkend bridge? As soon as I saw the two old boats on the side i noticed it, one full of reeds and one full of water.

When did they do the filming there?

See http://nbalchemy.blogspot.com/2018/10/saul-junction.html for what looks like said barge last October.