Bought another boat today.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

We have a couple of Avon dingy's.They are great, made of hyperlon and very tough. Looks like the same outboard as we have too. BF2?

If it is a BF2, look out for the carb gumming up.Ours is terrible for that.

Edited by rusty69
couldn't spell watch
  • Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

We have a couple of Avon dingy's.They are great, made of hyperlon and very tough. Looks like the same outboard as we have too. BF2?

If it is a BF2, look out for the carb gumming up.Ours is terrible for that.

Yup - I was missing you so had to provide my own 'rubber'.

Yes - a BF2.

I've always run the carb dry when putting an outboard away saves all the problems of gumming up (particularly with 2-strokes)

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

Yup - I was missing you so had to provide my own 'rubber'.

Yes - a BF2.

I've always run the carb dry when putting an outboard away saves all the problems of gumming up (particularly with 2-strokes)

Looks like a good price too. You are lucky I didn't see the ad, we could do with another outboard with dinghy thrown in for free.

ETA.Our outboard took a dunking last year when the dinghy flipped. Quick oil change and it was running again....better than before.

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Looks like a good price too. You are lucky I didn't see the ad, we could do with another outboard with dinghy thrown in for free.

That is what convinced me to make an offer. I've seen the engines alone go for around that price,

I was watching a 2.3m tender (only) which has a slow leak and that made over £100

Package included :

CQR Anchor

2x Lifejackets (1x new with labels)

4x Fenders 

Which wouldn't normally come with a dinghy.

• Happy 1

9 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

That is what convinced me to make an offer. I've seen the engines alone go for around that price,

I was watching a 2.3m tender (only) which has a slow leak and that made over £100

Package included :

CQR Anchor

2x Lifejackets (1x new with labels)

4x Fenders 

Which wouldn't normally come with a dinghy.

Good little engine. We have had ours since 1997 bought new. It gets regular oil/plug changes.It did have a replacement carb at one stage, and is beginning to play up again now. There is something wrong on the float valve, fuel overflows the carb occasionally.  This is followed by many minutes of gnashing and wailing while I remove the float bowl, usually whilst hanging out of the back of the dinghy, hoping not to drop the spanner.

Let me know if you wanna sell it. I'll give you 200 quid for the lot. You can keep the anchor, fenders and lifejackets....I have far too many.

Edited by rusty69
wailing not whaling
  • Happy 1

21 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

There is something wrong on the float valve, fuel overflows the carb occasionally.  This is followed by many minutes of gnashing and wailing while I remove the float bowl, usually whilst hanging out of the back of the dinghy, hoping not to drop the spanner.

Good to know - fanks.

25 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

It did have a replacement carb at one stage, and is beginning to play up again now.

I've got a workshop manual if you need a copy.

28 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ok seeing as no-one else asked, is it pump out or cassette?

Hang-Out (over the side)

• Happy 1