Moving boat by trailer

Christine198807

Featured Posts

The slip is about half way between Beccles Yacht Station and Seasons Health Club on this map

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

The slip is about half way between Beccles Yacht Station and Seasons Health Club on this map

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

HE Hipperson may be a better bet, almost opposite or the Waveney River Centre which is not far away

T

11 hours ago, Christine198807 said:

Thank you this really helps.

The bit that bothers me is the other end, launching in Thetford, how much research have you done and will you be back in a months time acking how to get you boat from Thetford to somewhere else. Have you seen this https://www.eawa.co.uk/babtie2.PDF

25 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

T

The bit that bothers me is the other end, launching in Thetford, how much research have you done and will you be back in a months time acking how to get you boat from Thetford to somewhere else. Have you seen this https://www.eawa.co.uk/babtie2.PDF

I can always change the end, that part is flexible, there is Brandon or Hillgay all good canals/rivers, all of which are near my home.

20 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

This is the slipway at Beccles. It has quite a drop off at the end!!

20180723-114828.jpg

That saved me walking down to photograph it. Getting the boat out in the area shouldn't be a problem with the number of yards in the area who put boats in and get them out.

Some small slipways don't stretch far out and go deep enough for largish boats on trailers and are only meant for lightweight dinghies on launching trolleys. reversing a big boat and trailer down one can suddenly have the trailer wheels drop down off the end into the mud.

59 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Some small slipways don't stretch far out and go deep enough for largish boats on trailers and are only meant for lightweight dinghies on launching trolleys. reversing a big boat and trailer down one can suddenly have the trailer wheels drop down off the end into the mud.

And the one at Beccles looks just like that!

there is a website called Boatlaunch that identifies details of all the slipways that people have 'collected' and includes information like the gradient, width, material of the slipway and parking and access arrangements.

may I ask the OP - where do you plan to keep the boat once it's on the waterways of EA or CRT?   I'm sure you are aware that you cannot just tie your boat up to a stake on the bank and leave it there unattended for more than the specified maximum period.   May I suggest that you arrange a secure and easily accessed location for the boat, at least over the winter period.

19 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

there is a website called Boatlaunch that identifies details of all the slipways that people have 'collected' and includes information like the gradient, width, material of the slipway and parking and access arrangements.

may I ask the OP - where do you plan to keep the boat once it's on the waterways of EA or CRT?   I'm sure you are aware that you cannot just tie your boat up to a stake on the bank and leave it there unattended for more than the specified maximum period.   May I suggest that you arrange a secure and easily accessed location for the boat, at least over the winter period.

Hence my questions about putting it in at Thetford, Getting it out on the Broads is easy, worst case a yard will lift it, but there is a good slip at Oulton Broad, I dont know which side of Beccles bridge this boat is or if it will go under the bridge?