Help tracking stolen boat

Halina kitchen

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

One potential reason would be it isn't the OP's boat and it hasn't been stolen. 

Isn't the English language wonderful? There are times when the phrase "one potential reason" is virtually synonymous with "a racing certainty", the only difference being the length of the odds (currently at about ten to one on). ;)

On 14/11/2019 at 16:30, alan_fincher said:

If you mean the version on CnalPlanAC, there seem to be lots of more recent boats missing from it.

Yes - I struggled to get any data from C&RT. I have it now but the real world has kept me from rebuilding the database.

1 minute ago, Halina kitchen said:

Sorry no reply sooner  but using friends computer when he's available could you tell me when you saw the boat war horse and location  and in what direction it was facing  thanks

I don't think you will get much help from the forum unless you answer the questions asked.

1 minute ago, Halina kitchen said:

Sorry no reply sooner  but using friends computer when he's available could you tell me when you saw the boat war horse and location  and in what direction it was facing  thanks

Hi, I am MT Kitchen I thought you were looking for a boat called Little Mouse With Clogs On, not War Horse , I suggest you follow the original advice and contact CRT or the Police again rather than try to pursue your personal quest on here - however entertaining it is.:detective:

2 minutes ago, Halina kitchen said:

I don't think you will get any further information unless you reveal you 'interest' in the boat.

Over the years we have had similar requests from 'Jilted wives', people who claim the boat has been stolen, friends that 'borrowed it etc etc.

There is a reluctance to get embroiled in a 'domestic' or 'take sides'.

3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Hi, I am MT Kitchen I thought you were looking for a boat called Little Mouse With Clogs On, not War Horse , I suggest you follow the original advice and contact CRT or the Police again rather than try to pursue your personal quest on here - however entertaining it is.:detective:

Hi matty another reader said the boat had been renamed to war horse but I don't know if this is correct thanks

1 hour ago, Halina kitchen said:

Hi matty another reader said the boat had been renamed to war horse but I don't know if this is correct thanks

So why don’t you log on to your CRT account, go to “my boats” and check what the name currently is?  Oh, of course to change the name, they would have needed to log on to you account, or you would have had to have notified CRT of change of ownership, so they could change the name, and license the boat from their account!

Edited by Athy

17 minutes ago, Halina kitchen said:

Neither do we, neither do we know if you are Halina Kitchen, the other half who has had the boat cruised away by Halina Kitchen, or Ikea Kitchen chasing payment on a new kitchen.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, The Dreamer said:

So why don’t you log on to your CRT account, go to “my boats” and check what the name currently is?  Oh, of course to change the name, they would have needed to log on to you account, or you would have had to have notified CRT of change of ownership, so they could change the name, and license the boat from their account!

Just come clean, will you?  Clearly there is a story here, and theft, at least in the sense of old fashioned blags, is not part of it...

Surely to change the boat's name you just paint a new name on? That's what I did. Apart from that, though, would there be a problem relicensing a nicked boat these days? New owner says he's bought it, gives CRT the number and new name and some money. Does CRT actually care about how the change happened? And if someone just says I bought this boat but there's no number on it, would CRT just issue a new one? 

I'm quite glad noone in their right mind would want to nick mine. 

50 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Neither do we, neither do we know if you are Halina Kitchen, the other half who has had the boat cruised away by Halina Kitchen, or Ikea Kitchen chasing payment on a new kitchen.

Just spotted head up the Weaver to Northwich, IKEA Debt collection force.

ikea debt ship.jpg

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

Yep. Happens all the time -think boats that have always been on EA waters etc

Something similar happened with our boat, which spent her first few years moored on the Middle Level where there are no boat licences. But EA-moored boats would have licence numbers.

1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Surely to change the boat's name you just paint a new name on? That's what I did. Apart from that, though, would there be a problem relicensing a nicked boat these days? New owner says he's bought it, gives CRT the number and new name and some money. Does CRT actually care about how the change happened? And if someone just says I bought this boat but there's no number on it, would CRT just issue a new one? 

I'm quite glad noone in their right mind would want to nick mine. 

They would certainly change the name Arthur.

Last time I saw it your boat looked fine.

21 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

Does it have 1970's mustard and orange painted walls to go with avocado bathroom fittings.

Some people, myself included, are deeply unfussy about interior design; I have form with both of the above.

As a student in the 1970s looking to rent a room, I viewed one which had not just orange painted walls, but the ceiling too. And the carpet and soft furnishings were all orange. The location was good, in fact I only turned it down because the room was too small and hence poor value for money, not enough space for my stuff.

In 1985 I bought a house with avocado bathroom fittings because it was a decent sized house for the money in the right location; my fiancee at the time didn't mind that colour nor did I, and when we separated 10 years later it was still there. Last year she'd died and the house was sold; I don't know whether the new owner still has an avocado bathroom.

Whether the mystery boat of this topic has a dodgy interior decor is maybe of interest, but somewhat off topic of course. Other unanswered questions, such as what the boat was or is now called, who it really belongs to, how to recognise it and which police force/station a sighting should be reported to, are more important.  Also, are the Northwich Guardian going to pick up this story?

8 hours ago, Peter X said:

Also, are the Northwich Guardian going to pick up this story

They may well pick it up if someone tells them about it. Local newspapers are always desperate for news content and will generally publish stories about almost anything with a local connection. 

9 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

They would certainly change the name Arthur.

Last time I saw it your boat looked fine.

Shh, don't tell them, someone will steal it... And it nearly got called the next tune in the book, which was "Lady Windermere's Dump". Too many letters, my signwriter said,wisely.

13 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

They may well pick it up if someone tells them about it. Local newspapers are always desperate for news content and will generally publish stories about almost anything with a local connection. 

If the boat has been stolen as claimed, The local police would had made sure that the local papers had been informed to get the details out to the public. Yet not one peep in the press, Only very limited details posted here and on facebook. 

1 minute ago, nbfiresprite said:

If the boat has been stolen as claimed, The local police would had made sure that the local papers had been informed to get the details out to the public. Yet not one peep in the press, Only very limited details posted here and on facebook. 

Not seen anything on FB