Help tracking stolen boat

Halina kitchen

Featured Posts

Please help me locate my stolen boat 70ft Mike Christian  boat mv boat num 525698 formally know as little mouse with clogs on might be removed and re named one side dark green other side mid green  blacked out Windows when stolen  one mushroom on top last seen on trent and mersey canal coud have been taken through  bridgewater canal on leed and liverpool canal and any information to current location of said stolen boat crime number 691256 would be most grateful  and you can send any information or current pictures as to locatiom or identity of said  my email  thanks Halina  kitchen

1 minute ago, The Dreamer said:

With respect, how do we know that it has been stolen, rather than this being a way of you trying to track down someone who does not want to be found?

I guess you could try checking out the crime reference number given in the OP.

6 minutes ago, The Dreamer said:

With respect, how do we know that it has been stolen, rather than this being a way of you trying to track down someone who does not want to be found?

Surely if a boat has been stolen it is almost bound to be in the possession of someone who does not want to be found. 

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I guess you could try checking out the crime reference number given in the OP.

Am fairly sure there is no practical way to do that, and in any case would also need to know which police force.  Please accept, that I am not attempting to be awkward, but my work puts me in a position where I frequently have contact with victims of domestic abuse.  This can be a way that perpetrators use to track down their fleeing victims.

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Surely if a boat has been stolen it is almost bound to be in the possession of someone who does not want to be found. 

Yes, if it’s been stolen.  But that is not always the case...

3 hours ago, The Dreamer said:

Am fairly sure there is no practical way to do that, and in any case would also need to know which police force.  Please accept, that I am not attempting to be awkward, but my work puts me in a position where I frequently have contact with victims of domestic abuse.  This can be a way that perpetrators use to track down their fleeing victims.

Yes, if it’s been stolen.  But that is not always the case...

I quite agree. I just thought from previous threads asking for similar help, a crime number was checkable. 

Someone seeking a boat for the reasons you suspect probably won’t have a selection of photos of it, while the legitimate owner will. So perhaps the OP when checking back, could post a selection of photos please? 

And a further point, a victim of boat theft will be able to say exactly to within a few feet where they had moored the boat when it disappeared. Someone trying to manipulate the board into helping them track down a victim won't know with any certainty where the boat was moored when it supposedly disappeared, or they'd have gone straight to it.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
Add a bit

4 hours ago, Halina kitchen said:

Please help me locate my stolen boat 70ft Mike Christian  boat mv boat num 525698 formally know as little mouse with clogs on might be removed and re named one side dark green other side mid green  blacked out Windows when stolen  one mushroom on top last seen on trent and mersey canal coud have been taken through  bridgewater canal on leed and liverpool canal and any information to current location of said stolen boat crime number 691256 would be most grateful  and you can send any information or current pictures as to locatiom or identity of said  my email  thanks Halina  kitchen

you need to post a picture, so people can keep a lookout for it, nobody can read a number from far.

In addition, crime numbers are force specific, aren’t they? We need photos and more details of location, preferably set out in a way that’s easier to follow. I’m not trying to be awkward, either, honest, but a solid block of unpunctuated text is really hard to read.

And what’s the topic doing in the Develop members area anyway, thought that was restricted access Mods, can it be moved to a better area like GB?

7 hours ago, Halina kitchen said:

Last time a saw this boat was on the Middlewich Branch near Aqueduct Marina, over the course of a week it didnt move very far and at one point had three people on board. I actually tied it up one night when it had come adrift. Over the course of that week most of the stuff on the roof disappeared.

This boat is one that was sold off by Middlewich Narrowboats when they closed down in an un fitted out state, It then moved to the T&M beyond Saltersford Tunnel where it was being fitted out for well over a year by the winding

6 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Its relatively new and was only registered after Middlewich Narrowboats stopped trading, it was a shell they had and had only just started fitting it out when they ceased trading.

How curious. So a brand new boat then, from a bankrupt builder.

I wonder if this will turn out to be another case of disputed ownership.

There's always something not quite straightforward when we see stolen boat reports on here, many of the key points already highlighted (as usual) above.  Usually, as caution remains the watchword here, there seems to be a parallel outrage on Twit-Face which reaches a crescendo shortly before the true circumstances are exposed. We'll probably hear about that shortly.  I confess that I take heart from this - it still seems that actual boat thefts are very much a rarity.  I'll be interested to see how this one pans out.

17 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

And an odd thing.

A quick search of jimshead give no result for that registration number, for me.

Nor for the name.

Comes up as licenced on the CRT checker webpage, so definitely a genuine number.

17 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

And an odd thing.

A quick search of jimshead give no result for that registration number, for me.

Nor for the name.

If you mean the version on CnalPlanAC, there seem to be lots of more recent boats missing from it.