webasto programer

Neil Smith

Featured Posts

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could use a small domestic central heating programmer to replace my webasto one that wont work now and has always been troublesome, they only use 3 wires so does anyone know how to wire one in, just need it to come on twice a day for a couple of hours and an override function, I have a frost stat fitted but not sure its working now.

Neil.

28 minutes ago, Neil Smith said:

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could use a small domestic central heating programmer to replace my webasto one that wont work now and has always been troublesome, they only use 3 wires so does anyone know how to wire one in, just need it to come on twice a day for a couple of hours and an override function, I have a frost stat fitted but not sure its working now.

Neil.

Hi

There is a bloke on fleabay that supplies webasto stuff that are a straight plug and play fit. He supplies full kits for webasto so he may well supply you with just the timer, pre wired? He is worth messaging on ebay what have u to lose.

He has hundreds of positive feedback. Search webasto thermo top c, his thingy is mp_and_h

Edit to add its not genuine webasto timer but works faultlessly.

Edited by mrsmelly

On 11/11/2019 at 21:04, Neil Smith said:

Yes it is and we have the manual but cant seem to get it working, screen is just blue and cant read anything on it.

If the sticker on the back of the unit showing pin configuration is different to that in the manual, use the manual, mine had the wrong sticker.

It sounds like you need some professional help, if you are trying to connect a Webasto to a timer you may need Webasto part number 4110553A which is a wiring harness, do not cut the multi pin plug off,this harness lets you connect to the existing multi pin plug on the existing Webasto wiring.

This is the Webasto instal instructions that came with my heatmiser controller.  Page 4 is maybe helpful for you 

https://www.butlertechnik.com/downloads/4110554A_Instructions_HEATMISER_TM1-N_Timer_Installation_VERSION_3.pdf

Added - Butler Technik have a very comprehensive download section for manuals.  I found them very helpful on the phone when looking to buy.  I have no connection to them other than being a happy customer.

Edited by Chewbacka

5 hours ago, Neil Smith said:

There are only 3 wires red, black and brown so one must be to power it from the batteries and the others to switch the heater on and off but I just want to know what ones do what, I thought NMEA might be along to advise, 

Havnt seen NMEA on here for a while? 

5 hours ago, mick55 said:

The Brown wire is the Negative, The Red wire is the Positive, The Black wire is the control, you need to loop from the Red to the A1 terminal to provide power to the controller.

That's the problem I don't have an A1 terminal on my after market timer, only power and control terminals.

31 minutes ago, Neil Smith said:

That's the problem I don't have an A1 terminal on my after market timer, only power and control terminals.

The controller gets its 12v supply from the Red (+) and Brown (-) wires.  To turn the Webasto on you need to connect the black (control) wire to 12v.  If your after market controller has a couple of switch terminals not connected to any supply inside the controller (probably described as “volt free”) then connect the black wire to one of the switch terminals, and connect the other switch terminal with a link wire to the same terminal as the red wire.  Does this make sense?

If you prefer a picture, have a look at the link I sent you and the terminals marked A1&2 correspond to your 2 switch contacts on your controller, assuming the switch inside the controller is isolated.

Do you have an Amazon or eBay link to your controller so I can have a look at the connection configuration.

Edited by Chewbacka