Swans and how to get rid of em

sirweste

Featured Posts

45 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

He was a bit wary of pigs if I remember and certainly told me of the importance of the  board  :)

funnily enough he recently had a rant about idiots messing up pig handling in the yard before slaughtering and boy can he rant ;)

Yes, pigs are the one farm animal I'm wary of, I do a fair bit of countryside walking and will cheerfully walk through fields with sheep,cows, horses, bullocks also cows with a bull (but no calves), but I'd never go through a field of pigs (which is probably why you never see them on public footpaths). Piglets are just a laugh and like a bunch of misbehaving kids but if an old sow decides to chomp onto your ankle, it suddenly stops being funny:o

43 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Yes, pigs are the one farm animal I'm wary of, I do a fair bit of countryside walking and will cheerfully walk through fields with sheep,cows, horses, bullocks also cows with a bull (but no calves), but I'd never go through a field of pigs (which is probably why you never see them on public footpaths). Piglets are just a laugh and like a bunch of misbehaving kids but if an old sow decides to chomp onto your ankle, it suddenly stops being funny:o

The only times I ever had problems with a pig in nearly 30 years of keeping one was if I got between a recently farrowed sow and her piglets.   Just like cows and calves really.

50 minutes ago, Jerra said:

The only times I ever had problems with a pig in nearly 30 years of keeping one was if I got between a recently farrowed sow and her piglets.   Just like cows and calves really.

Coping with one may be a bit different to coping with several though, give me a board any day;)

9 hours ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Coping with one may be a bit different to coping with several though, give me a board any day;)

True when I had more than one or there were piglets I always carried a board and bat.   I didn't say you didn't need to be prepared I said I hadn't needed the preparation unless piglets were away from Mum.

Recipe for Canada Goose. Prepare, butter and season goose liberally. Place on middle shelf, gas mark 5. Place brick on shelf next to bird. Prod brick periodically with fork. When brick is cooked and tender, so is Goose. 

1 minute ago, Jim Riley said:

Recipe for Canada Goose. Prepare, butter and season goose liberally. Place on middle shelf, gas mark 5. Place brick on shelf next to bird. Prod brick periodically with fork. When brick is cooked and tender, so is Goose. 

I thought the last part was throw away goose and eat the brick.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

And did they taste ok?

Yes or I wouldn't have shot any more. This is how you get rid of Ducks that upset cyclists  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/duck-eggs-mallard-cyclist-natural-england-destroy-bedfordshire-a9198886.html

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 14:03, Jerra said:

I thought the last part was throw away goose and eat the brick.

thought it might be then use the brick to break open the padlock on the drinks cabinet...

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1