Boat Burgled T&M Br 55

Craig Shelley

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Nope, no longer allowed - not sure what any perpetrator

could actually be charged with though...

Ok. I'm confused. What does this mean? You can't mark batteries anymore? In what way would they have been marked in the past and why not now? I feel like I must be missing a joke or something but I can't see it. 

Edit. Jim beat me to it. 

Edited by stegra

1 hour ago, stegra said:

Ok. I'm confused. What does this mean? You can't mark batteries anymore? In what way would they have been marked in the past and why not now? I feel like I must be missing a joke or something but I can't see it. 

Edit. Jim beat me to it. 

My post #28, should it not be obvious, was a joking response to @LadyG 's post #26 questioning whether one could still mark one's batteries.  Did you not think that it was a funny thing to think we may no longer be allowed to do? Who do we think might step in to stop us marking our batteries?  What law/rule could it be breaking?  Did the bit about what we could be "charged" with not give the game away? ;)

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My post #28, should it not be obvious, was a joking response to @LadyG 's post #26 questioning whether one could still mark one's batteries.  Did you not think that it was a funny thing to think we may no longer be allowed to do? Who do we think might step in to stop us marking our batteries?  What law/rule could it be breaking?  Did the bit about what we could be "charged" with not give the game away? ;)

Have to admit, it went well over my head, and Jim's as well I think. 

18 minutes ago, stegra said:

Have to admit, it went well over my head, and Jim's as well I think. 

No worries - they don't all hit the mark. :)

The good news is: we can write on our batteries if we want! :D

The bad news is: there are those who count themselves as "Boaters" who still stoop low enough to steal them in the first place. :(

Edited by Sea Dog
Bad news

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Nope, no longer allowed - not sure what any perpetrator

could actually be charged with though...

In your best Tommy cooper voice please:

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The bad news is: there are those who count themselves as "Boaters" who still stoop low enough to steal them in the first place. :(

I wonder if they count themselves as “boaters”, or just consider themselves unfortunate because they feel they have no options but to live on a boat?  There again, I also wonder if a proper, cultural, bargees, would consider the rest of us to be “boaters”?

Edited by The Dreamer

1 minute ago, The Dreamer said:

I wonder if they count themselves as “boaters”, or just consider themselves unfortunate because they feel they have no options but to live on a boat?  There again, I also wonder if a proper, cultural, bargee, would consider the rest of us to be “boaters”?

Oh heck, that's a bit deep for me: I was just trying not to say "arseholes"! ;)