OMG. My eco fan is bust!

Dr Bob

Featured Posts

Well it was!

It was making a very loud grumbling noise when I started to use it last month when it got hot. Normally I just bin these domestic electrical items when they fail but this fan has been so useful, I decided to try and replace the motor as someone on here had said its easy. Found one on Amazon for £15

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stove-Replacement-Kit-Replacement-Motor-Wood/dp/B07VRBL27J/ref=sr_1_4?crid=AZ9UCJT6LZJX&keywords=stove+fan+replacement+motor&qid=1573397577&sprefix=stove+fan+re%2Caps%2C253&sr=8-4

and ordered it. Came the following day and took 5mins to bolt back together. Perfect! Airflows around the boat re-established.

When you think about it, these motors are doing around 4,000hrs a year (mine was after two winters so 8,000 hrs). That's not bad considering they are £3 motors.....next time I will just buy the motor off fleabay. My fan is a 5 blade baby equaliser which threatens to move more capacity of air than other fans...and I reckon it does....prolly 'cause of the big heat sink under the peltier cell so maybe the motor is going round faster than in other models and so likely to fail sooner.

The kit from Amazon is a bit over the top as it has everything you need (and dont need) .....new peltier cell, etc etc.

Engineer, Mr. Scott:
Ye cannot change the laws of physics, laws of physics, laws of physics;
ye cannot change the laws of physics, laws of physics, Jim.

Ah! We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill;
we come in peace, shoot to kill; Scotty, beam me up!

It's worse than that, he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead, Jim;
it's worse than that, he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead.

Well, it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, not as we know it;
it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, Captain.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow;
there's Klingons on the starboard bow, better calm down!

Ye cannot change the script Jim.
Och, #!*& Jimmy.

It's worse than that, it's physics, Jim.

Bridge to engine room, warp factor 9.

Och, if I give it any more she'll blow, Cap'n!

http://www.quantumnow.com/trek/lyrics.html

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

Well it was!

It was making a very loud grumbling noise when I started to use it last month when it got hot. Normally I just bin these domestic electrical items when they fail but this fan has been so useful, I decided to try and replace the motor as someone on here had said its easy. Found one on Amazon for £15

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stove-Replacement-Kit-Replacement-Motor-Wood/dp/B07VRBL27J/ref=sr_1_4?crid=AZ9UCJT6LZJX&keywords=stove+fan+replacement+motor&qid=1573397577&sprefix=stove+fan+re%2Caps%2C253&sr=8-4

and ordered it. Came the following day and took 5mins to bolt back together. Perfect! Airflows around the boat re-established.

When you think about it, these motors are doing around 4,000hrs a year (mine was after two winters so 8,000 hrs). That's not bad considering they are £3 motors.....next time I will just buy the motor off fleabay. My fan is a 5 blade baby equaliser which threatens to move more capacity of air than other fans...and I reckon it does....prolly 'cause of the big heat sink under the peltier cell so maybe the motor is going round faster than in other models and so likely to fail sooner.

The kit from Amazon is a bit over the top as it has everything you need (and dont need) .....new peltier cell, etc etc.

Do you prefer " Cadburys " or are you a " Nestle"  kind of guy? I think Cadbury make the best fire guards but Nestle make superb chocolate Tea pots. What make is your eco fan?

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Do you prefer " Cadburys " or are you a " Nestle"  kind of guy? I think Cadbury make the best fire guards but Nestle make superb chocolate Tea pots. What make is your eco fan?

Pay attention ....it is a 5 bladed baby liquidizer.

18 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Do you prefer " Cadburys " or are you a " Nestle"  kind of guy?

Have to admit, Rowntree for me every time.... "Nestle Kit-Kat" doesn't sound right really, does it?

I guess you are a Milky Bar type of kid, eh?

(Me too but I'll never admit it in public...)

I thought the massive blast of hot air was the latest cabinet meeting ( of any political persuasion)  but then realised it was an easterly from napton way , not a southerly from that lunun place. It must have been your fan

thank you it will save me having to defrost the horse in the morning before the last run into town .

can you angle  the boat towards southam that way i will not have to winterise the boat so much as we are off for business in the antipodes.

after all we all know that the thing about ecofans is that they do work.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

I thought the massive blast of hot air was the latest cabinet meeting ( of any political persuasion)  but then realised it was an easterly from napton way , not a southerly from that lunun place. It must have been your fan

thank you it will save me having to defrost the horse in the morning before the last run into town .

can you angle  the boat towards southam that way i will not have to winterise the boat so much as we are off for business in the antipodes.

after all we all know that the thing about ecofans is that they do work.

Hope the horse didnt overheat. Have a good trip down south.