Boat builders help please ...

PCSB

Featured Posts

Put https://threebzboats.wixsite.com/threebzboats in Polesworth on your list. John Bird used to work for Steve Hudson as the 'Bows' man!

No connection except he overplated my own boat and I would have had him build me a new boat before ill health stopped us boating ☹️

2 hours ago, Brian422 said:

Make sure they remove Mill Scale before painting ... will save lots of problems

Collingwood have said in court that this is not relevant to paint falling off unless you are at sea??

Complete bollocks we know, but the judge accepted every piece of bullshit they produced in court so No Problems were left with their own problems to solve as well as court costs.

1 hour ago, OldGoldy said:

Put https://threebzboats.wixsite.com/threebzboats in Polesworth on your list. John Bird used to work for Steve Hudson as the 'Bows' man!

So its his fault then, needs new glasses.....

On 09/11/2019 at 17:39, PCSB said:

Me and my lovely wife are looking at having a new boat built. I am seeing conflicting views on some boat builders and unlike other trades I can't find a "check a trade" type website that has real life reviews from people who actually had a boat made by them.

I've found the directory on the CRT website, but I suspect the description there is supplied by the boat builders themselves.

I've bookmarked around 15 builders so far so short of going to visit each one I'm not sure the best way forward just now,. I'm not sure it is allowed to ask views on a given builder as such.

If anyone has any pointers or can point me at a "check a narrowboat builder" type website I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks.

Don't be silly, these "trusted trading" websites are just adverts. anyone can sign up.

Edited by LadyG

11 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Don't be silly, these "trusted trading" websites are just adverts. anyone can sign up.

As proven by one of those 'rogue trader' programs.
They 'joined' and wrote themselves a dozen good reviews - within a hour they were being asked for quotes.

They asked the 'customers' why / how they had chosen them and it was because :

1) Its 'trusted trades'

2) The excellent reviews you had.

The website was set up by one of the well known "house buying" presenters who was very embarrassed when shown the footage.