Narrowboatworld - telling it like it isn't

Leyther

Featured Posts

After pointing out that three of the recent items on the website regarding the L&L contain inaccuracies the editor and admin tell me my future emails will be ignored/deleted forthwith. Given that the site is supposed to be a source of information for boaters and canal users one would expect fact-checking would be carried out rather than (incorrect)contributor opinion be relied on.

The navigation is now closed for winter, but no notice has been given concerning the length of closure of the towpath.

Not correct.

This is Lock 86 below the flight that will be manned during 8.30am to 10am to allow entry up and down the flight and 12.30pm to 3pm

Incorrect, 12.30pm to 2pm

THE collapsed culvert on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal will closed the waterway over winter.

Incorrect.

2 minutes ago, Pagefield said:

Freddie Starr ate my handspike type of thing? ?

Did he??? 

I thought he was dead!

But being serious, it is more that the proprietor has an "I have an irrational hatred of CRT (and BW previously) and seek out every opportunity to heap criticism on them even if this involves making stuff up", kind of thing. 

• Greenie 2

The Daily Mail of the waterways news outlets. Doesn't let fact checking get in the way of their editorial line.

I've pointed out minor errors to them in the past and they have corrected them speedily. When the fact invalidates the entire thrust of the piece it has been ignored.

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies
  • Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

can’t trust a “journalist” who hides their real identity and denies people the chance to comment

I'm not entirely sure about that. If you disagree with an article in a print newspaper and write to the editor, who then does not publish your letter, does that make the editor and staff poor journalists?

6 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

I'm not entirely sure about that. If you disagree with an article in a print newspaper and write to the editor, who then does not publish your letter, does that make the editor and staff poor journalists?

They dont usually ban you from doing it again though, and block you from attempting....

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Come on, you know that that's just not possible.

The first Springer wasn't built until 1969.

Prototype - built for Elvis (never did like him after he bit me once) and later taken to the moon by NASA - Apollo 16 I think, but don't quote me.