Vote!

Dave_P

Featured Posts

WOW..........this is scary, this popped on just as I was signing my electoral registration form.

For any ones help and information I downloaded the form easily off the government web site and printed them off. I have been to the local council office already to check and all I have to do is take it there. I will keep peeps informed as to wether it gets me any hassle. For further info there is a crisis web page re what you need to prove and in fact it states if u are homeless regular use of a particular park bench will suffice. The girl in the council offices apologised to me when she said I am sorry you need to register as homeless lol, bless her. I said yes its awful I cruise all over in the summer and spent all last summer on the Thames etc in the sun. She intimates that she would love to be in a similar position lol.

• Greenie 3
  • Haha 1

Please note:  I put this in the general boating section and not the political section.  This thread is about a website designed to encourage CCers to vote, and to discuss the lack of voters in that group, and why.  This is not a thread to discuss reasons for voting a certain way.  There's another section for that.

19 minutes ago, Dave_P said:

Please note:  I put this in the general boating section and not the political section.  This thread is about a website designed to encourage CCers to vote, and to discuss the lack of voters in that group, and why.  This is not a thread to discuss reasons for voting a certain way.  There's another section for that.

Quite right too - thank you.

Up date. Took our forms in to local council offices today, met by yet another smiley happy girl at desk ( amazing these days ) I alloted to pick my stuff up and/or use the council offices for any correspondance ( This is a choice given on the form ) I await to see if it actualy goes through with no hassle. I actualy used a licensed cafe I used to own as the place I use a lot to enable registration in this district. I gave email and two telefone numbers.........we shall see.

Bye the way registration for the forthcoming G/E has to be in by 26th november.

• Greenie 1

This is all okay but, once registered, how do you actually vote? As ccers we can't stay around for more than 14 days and then are supposed to be travelling in one direction, ie away from where we've registered. Did wonder if proxy postal voting might be good but can't see anywhere if that's possible. In fact, can't see anywhere where it tells you what to do to actually vote. 

1 minute ago, wandering snail said:

This is all okay but, once registered, how do you actually vote? As ccers we can't stay around for more than 14 days and then are supposed to be travelling in one direction, ie away from where we've registered. Did wonder if proxy postal voting might be good but can't see anywhere if that's possible. In fact, can't see anywhere where it tells you what to do to actually vote. 

Its all on the Gov.UK website. I have cced many times for many many years and it is doable. You just have to show an area you spend some time in so the voting bods know which candidate you are voting for. So go to some council office you are near and register. You may well have to boat back that way for say the 12th but thats the beauty of ccing you are obviously a free agent and can do that. Or bus, walk, drive etc etc. The real beauty is you can rock up in some marginal seat and your vote may actualy count the way you want it to, unlike house dwellers who are oft stuck in a safe seat area so make no difference. You cannot vote in the UK with a ( wandering ) vote, there is no way it can then be attributed to any ward.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

You just have to show an area you spend some time in so the voting bods know which candidate you are voting for. 

I don't think this is really what you meant? Surely we don't have to tell them where we'll be putting our cross??

Edited by wandering snail

Just now, wandering snail said:

I don't think this s eally what you meant? Surely we don't have to tell them where we'll be putting our cross??

Nope, Just need to compartmentalise your vote in the correct ward then.

1 hour ago, wandering snail said:

surely you are allowed to submit postal vote?

https://www.gov.uk/voting-in-the-uk#postal-voting

1 hour ago, restlessnomad said:

surely you are allowed to submit postal vote?

https://www.gov.uk/voting-in-the-uk#postal-voting

Nope, how can you do a postal vote if there is nowhere to send your postal vote pack to? Homeless people dont have addresses............I luuuurrrvvvvvv being homeless, its great fun when someone asks yer postcode, they simply cannot hack it when you say you dont have one lol.

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, wandering snail said:

you are so lucky, I live in a constituency where if you stuck the appropriate colour rosette on a  donkey it would wing it

but you can make a difference  just head for the nearest marginal seat!

6 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

You haven't read DaveP's post #3.  I've tried to report this post, but the tablet I'm using isn't letting me.

I've reported it. The last thing we want is a political bun fight in the boating section.

When we started ccing in 2014 we registered ourselves as homeless and having a "Local Connection" to the constituency where we lived before and where we still own the house we lived in (it's rented out). We have registered as such every year, In fact the council email us once a year to ask us if we want to renew the registration.

For each election we normally appoint a trusted friend as a proxy to vote for us. They have to go to the polling station near our house to vote, they can't do it at their own polling station. They can if they want apply for a postal vote for the proxy vote but they have never felt the need to do this.  If we are nearby we can roll up at our polling station and vote in person. This time a postal vote is going to work for us as we are visiting family the weekend before the election so we have applied for a postal vote to be sent there.

Edited by Alway Swilby
Corrected spelling

12 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Nope, how can you do a postal vote if there is nowhere to send your postal vote pack to? Homeless people dont have addresses............I luuuurrrvvvvvv being homeless, its great fun when someone asks yer postcode, they simply cannot hack it when you say you dont have one lol.

Ok you are pretty near us .we have a problem we are off to sort out our overseas affairs at the time of the silly election. We will be gone before postal ballot papers come out. so use  our address. In return we will nominate you to proxy vote for us.

this is on condition you use all your votes on the monster raving looney party.

oh god said looney on the forum... it will snow.

however in our constituency they will be represented.

• Haha 1