Monthly survey

LadyG

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

The CRT have asked me to complete the survey as apparently I have been spotted out boating. Strange.

Dont worry, you will get all sorts of crap over the years. The most recent was asking me if I wanted to stand for election to the boaters panel or somett?? I always delete em, yall get several over the year about this that and the other, just ignore em.

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Dont worry, you will get all sorts of crap over the years. The most recent was asking me if I wanted to stand for election to the boaters panel or somett?? I always delete em, yall get several over the year about this that and the other, just ignore em.

I could always propose you for boaters panel if you are too shy to apply.

36 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

I've had the boaters panel email and I've had a boat for 5 mins!

Yep, they send loads of crap out every year. Just bin it. Unless you are one of those boring phaarts that likes to be on bloomin committees cos yer a nosey so and so :D

• Haha 1

On 05/11/2019 at 19:56, zenataomm said:

They sent me the survey.

The number of relevant questions about Depth, Moorings, Maintenance, Locks etc. was only surpassed by their concern for my: -

Sexuality

Chronic illnesses

Mental Health

Gender self identification

How else are they going to complete the survey they get sent? :D

10 hours ago, LadyG said:

I can't see the point of these personal Q's, in fact I would rather not answer anything other than sex [m/f] and age. Nosey beggars!

Those personal Qs are not there to have a point for you - they're for them to be able to say they have x many (insert name of minority group here) to help them reach or prove they meet their diversity targets. There's funding in that.

• Greenie 2

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Those personal Qs are not there to have a point for you - they're for them to be able to say they have x many (insert name of minority group here) to help them reach or prove they meet their diversity targets. There's funding in that.

Seeing as CRT are strapped for cash, perhaps all of us white, 50 plus men (majority of canal users) should all "bend the truth" when it comes to completing these surveys? ??

6 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Seeing as CRT are strapped for cash, perhaps all of us white, 50 plus men (majority of canal users) should all "bend the truth" when it comes to completing these surveys? ??

Are you suggesting I start identifying myself as a young black lesbian???

2 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

Are you suggesting I start identifying myself as a young black lesbian???

Get thee behind me, Satan...! ;)

(However, you have the right to identify as anything you want to be, and don't let anyone put you off pursuing your dreams)

39 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Its amazing how many times I have been a one-legged, Black, lesbian - problem is it doesn't work so well when you are stopped in the street and asked to answer questions.

A good put-down I use for those 'double glazing salesmen' that haunt the exit doors in DIY shops when they try to push a conservatory on you :

"Yes if you'd like to come and give me a quote, I live on a  boat, but is in the marina just up the road, do you want to follow me back ?"

I think that offering the information that I am a blind agnostic from Swahili-land, when asked in the street adds to the entertainment.

I too escape supermarket exit salespeople by telling them I live on a boat.  However my all time favourite is to allow myself to be engaged in polite conversation with them about their product until they ask for my name and address.

Then my tone changes, I point out that I have signed The Official Secrets Act on more than one occasion.  While I let that sink in, I inform them any attempt on their part to elicit information from me will result in their immediate arrest, performed by me under The OSA 1989 Intro Texts 1,4 & 13.

• 1 month later...
On 08/11/2019 at 09:23, Alan de Enfield said:

A good put-down I use for those 'double glazing salesmen' that haunt the exit doors in DIY shops when they try to push a conservatory on you :

"Yes if you'd like to come and give me a quote, I live on a  boat, but is in the marina just up the road, do you want to follow me back ?"

A friend once kept a conservatory telesales person on the phone for about 20 minutes, enquiring about all the options and extras he could have with a new conservatory. At the end of the conversation he exclaimed genuine surprise that they could now be fitted to a 32nd floor flat in central Brum. 

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1