Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
canals are us?

Lidl 10kg Smokeless Coal £2.99

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Slim said:

Picked up 5 bags of Brazier 10 kg @ £3.99 in Banbury on Saturday. Not sure of shop name. Drove past Lidl but couldn't face the car park. I prefer small bags for handling. Was finding the 25kg bags harder to heave around. (Oh the days of cement in 1cwt (50 kg) ) I agree the cheaper brands produce more ash but weight wins out. 

Frank.

Just had a lightbulb moment. Got to go into Banbury chasing UNC threaded bolts and will be passing Lidl so may drop in. If my recent luck holds it will be on offer at the special price of £4.99 ?

Well, at least it wasn't £4.99. Equally it wasn't £ 2.99. Yes, it was £3.99. Bought 3 bags anyway. Would have got more but Saturdays purchase was still in the back of the car. And the local bearings and fixing co didn't have the UNC sizes I wanted. 

Lidl by me has smokeless for £3.99 and nasty coal for £2.99 for 10kg.

I bought 20kg bags of smokeless Brazier for £8.45 each from a local boatyard.  Yes it works out slightly more expensive than Lidl but they drove it round to me in a van, unloaded it and even stacked it on my roof.  And I'm supporting a local canal business.  Big thumbs up from me.

• Greenie 2

17 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

And I'm supporting a local canal business.  Big thumbs up from me.

And a big thumbs up for you! :)

58 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

And a big thumbs up for you! :)

Moving off the Llan to a new mooring brought me into the world of boat traders, love it absolutely love it, currently buy coal, diesel, paraffin and oil from boat based businesses.

I could spend my weekends buying all this stuff or I could place my order and come home from work to find it all delivered, I know what I would rather  :)

On 11/11/2019 at 08:22, Slim said:

Picked up 5 bags of Brazier 10 kg @ £3.99 in Banbury on Saturday. Not sure of shop name. Drove past Lidl but couldn't face the car park. I prefer small bags for handling. Was finding the 25kg bags harder to heave around. (Oh the days of cement in 1cwt (50 kg) ) I agree the cheaper brands produce more ash but weight wins out. 

Frank.

Just had a lightbulb moment. Got to go into Banbury chasing UNC threaded bolts and will be passing Lidl so may drop in. If my recent luck holds it will be on offer at the special price of £4.99 ?

Lidl just a hole in the ground still in Banbury ?but opens when Castle  Quay 2 is up and running [next year??]

5 hours ago, tree monkey said:

currently buy coal, diesel, paraffin and oil from boat based businesses.

Me too. Must try to find a use for all this paraffin and oil.... ;)

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, rustynewbery said:

Castle  Quay 2 

Oh dear. Wasn't one enough -  shop after shop which people don't need?

They've also got packs of 12 heat logs at the mo for £4, useful to keep a couple packets stashed away for an emergency. There was also a voucher for £10 off when you spend £40 in a few newspapers recently (1. Metro: Friday: 08.11.19 -- 2. Daily Mail: 09.11.19 -- 3. Mail on Sunday: 10.11.19) which makes the coal and logs etc especially cheap for the sake of a quid on a newspaper...

Sign in to follow this