Noise pollution

CompairHolman

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

As has been said before, feel entirely free to proceed on the basis that you are right - many here and elsewhere will follow your case with close interest. If you prove your case in court then others will follow suit (until CaRT get the law changed to cover what they would perceive to be a loophole) or if you fail then they will deride your folly. Do keep us posted.

You don't even understand that CRT can't just " get the law changed" .

There is no hope for you I'm afraid. 

6 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

I suspect that your device thinks you have a non-UK keyboard layout.

So it is just you, but only to the extent that you haven't altered some default settings somewhere.

(or you have, inadvertently!)

Odd. It only happens on this site. I don't think it'll wreck my life and it'll probably sort itself out sometime. 

14 hours ago, CompairHolman said:

You don't even understand that CRT can't just " get the law changed" .

There is no hope for you I'm afraid. 

Anyone can seek to have the law changed (by Parliament) - it is called lobbying. Since so much money is spent on that activity, some of it at least must be effective.

In the case of the Middle Level, the Commissioners were quite proactive in achieving the recent legislation which significantly altered the regime on those waterways.

In addition, the impact of care law is important and larger organisations, with significant resources, have greater influence over what cases are taken to court and at what level. Enforcement action - or the lack thereof - by CaRT, and the manner in which they choose to pursue it, is sometimes cited as the reason why the courts have not yet had a chance to clarify, with precedent, how some of these issues should be interpreted without ambiguity. If a specific matters gets too far out of hand, they do have the choice to take matters to a high enough court. In a similar situation, look at how several Thames-side authorities eventually acted to gain powers to 'clear' certain sections of the river.

Edited by Mike Todd