Help to identify diesel filter

Jon57

Featured Posts

Hi can anyone identify this diesel filter please. It's supply's the reflex stove in the cabin. Are filters still available? If so where can I get them please. Thanks 

It's the small filter I'm after. Can't see any numbers on the body of the filter. 

IMG_20191101_161038.jpg

IMG_20191101_161004.jpg

IMG_20191101_160957.jpg

Yes the filters are still available but I can't give you a number. This filter uses a separate "pleated paper" element that is inside the red bowl. If you take it out you should see a number. Undo the bolt in the bottom but turn the fuel off first.

I am sure someone else will be along to give you the number.

The small one is very common on older Listers and domestic and industrial oil heatiing . The element number is FRAM C11941 PL.  Crosland element is 489 Although Crosland I belueve have merged with FRAM so the Crosland number may not apply anymore.

As Biz says, the filter is a Crosland 489, and usually has a paper element. If you've never changed it before, you may find that it is just an empty bowl. If the head to the fire is not very high, and it has a long way to travel, an element may be too restrictive for such a low gravity flow. As there is another filter in the oil control valve, this is not a problem. The empty bowl will still serve a purpose as a water trap, and any contaminants will fall to the bottom of the bowl. The low flow will never scour them out.

I have the same filter on the oil fired central heating at home.  As with yours the filter is unlabelled, but its predecessor (which had split and leaked due to someone screwing in a taper thread pipe fitting too tight) was labelled 

"Crossland Filters Ltd Nottingham England Filt No. 68489 Elem No. 489"

The filter bowl on this is 64mm diameter - I have seen other sizes that look similar and which will have a different number.

Mine has a paper filter element.

Plenty for sale on ebay.

Edited by David Mack