Scottish food: rolls/haggis/oatcakes

LadyG

Featured Posts

31 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Lidl have the best ever scottish rolls

I cant find Stockans oatcakes or fresh haggis, or Bells pies.

Leeds/Hull/Doncaster/York

You cannot buy Haggis in England apart from a handful of places, its all crap like cornish pasties from ginsters. Agree Lidl bakery stuff is way better than any other supermarket, I often buy their scottish rolls for a bacon butty.

1 minute ago, haggis said:

I actually prefer Grants tinned haggis to the stuff you can buy in butchers - even MacSweens. 

haggis

Thanks for the tip, I will look out for it, never had it from a tin b4 :cheers:

1 minute ago, haggis said:

It's a red tartan tin. Microwaves in 4 minutes! 

haggis

My fave breakfast is Black pudding, white pudding, haggis, sausage, bacon and duck eggs..................bloomin awesome :cheers:

Just now, dor said:

Proper oatcakes come from Staffordshire.  Stoke in particular.  Anything else is an imposter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire_oatcake

Brest with bacon, fried egg, cheese and ketchup.

Heathen!!

Talking about breakfast lol. Just been out for some bits and called in at a Aldi. In this area there is plenty of money about and one yummy mummy came shopping down one isle with daughter aged about six.

Mum to daughter

Ooh darling, do you want to get some Granola?

Child with unimpressed look on face to Mother

NO!!

:clapping:Bloomin right too for one so young.

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

My fave breakfast is Black pudding, white pudding, haggis, sausage, bacon and duck eggs..................bloomin awesome :cheers:

I am here now lunch today was flat sausage, bacon, haggis and black pudding roll for dinner it was delicious ?

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

I am here now lunch today was flat sausage, bacon, haggis and black pudding roll for dinner it was delicious ?

Flat sausage make sense dont they. I suppose you could have eaten bloody Granola cos its good for your health ? my old dad died young aged 90 and my mum is 99 in 3 weeks time, as far as I can tell they have eaten proper food and certainly never ever granola in all those years . Dad made us have bacon and sausage etc from a very early age but of course that kills us...........:banghead: There is one thing and one thing only that makes the difference and thats yer genes, and I am not talking Levi or Wrangler.

12 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

WARNING!!!!!!     Do not ever, ever, try to microwave a proper whole haggis.  :o

Exploding batteries come to mind.

Do they really take that long to cook in a microwave that they kill the batteries? ??

9 minutes ago, 8 Hairy Feet said:

What is the porridge with with whisky, raspberries and cream called... Ive only had it once (at Wickerman) it was lovely?

Cranachan. It is gorgeous but not sure it is porridge ? 

haggis

PORRIDGE.

Why is there no monument

To porridge in our land?

If it's good enough to eat

It's good enough to stand!

On a plinth in London

A statue we should see

Of Porridge made in Scotland

Signed ''Oatmeal, O.B.E.''

Spike Milligan.