Plumbing advice

heyjude999

Featured Posts

We have a Squirrel Morso stove  with a back boiler.

We also have an Eberspacher.

Our system has underfloor heating in the bathroom, 3 radiators and a heated towel rail.

Our issue is that despite bleeding the system from a high point repeatedly there is still the sound of water trickling sound coming from behind the fire where the back boiler is.

We are at a loss. We bleed it and it stops for a short time and then it starts again however now it's just not going away now.

There does not appear to be leakage from the Eberspacher all the radiators have been bled and the heat is right at the very top of the radiators.

We have both 12v and 240v heating pumps and are using the 240v pump currently.

Any ideas would be much appreciated as it's driving us crazy.

Thank you

13 hours ago, heyjude999 said:

We are at a loss. We bleed it and it stops for a short time and then it starts again however now it's just not going away now.

After bleeding it, are you having to add water to the header tank to keep the level up? Or do you never add water? 

Boiler noises when heating are due to either localized boiling due to scale, or trapped air or insufficient flow to take the heat away.

I always refuse to install pumped solid fuel heating on a boat as I don't think it is safe in the event of a pump failure.

If all else is correct I would try a cleaning chemical, thorough wash out, and then a heating additive chemical.