Registration error: "This site is not enabled for the invisible capture".

Featured Posts

Hi, when I first tried creating an account nothing happened when I pressed submit, except at the bottom right of the page a floating box was partially hidden that moved into focus when hovered over with the mouse. The box displayed the message: "This site is not enabled for the invisible capture." there was a reCaptcha logo on the box. In the end I signed in with my Google account. Thought I'd let this be known.

I joined up in 2005, but a few years later disappeared after changing my email host.  Despite several messages to the site crew, all I got was unhelpful and sometimes jokey but rude responses and a fabricated (by them) username that left a lot to be desired.  In fact if I had used that name against another member I would have been struck off for abuse.

I recreated myself and re-registered under a different name, simply because this was the best waterways-related forum.  Needless to say, I had no reason to have much respect for the site crew.  As a kid I was taught that respect is earned - it is not your right.  That philosophy seems to have been reversed by the edumacation system and the limpy PC brigade.

Edited by Murflynn

This should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting it.

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Is curious really, how Dan seems to want the traffic (which I imagine is why he wants politics discussed, a traffic magnet), yet lets the situation drift when potential new users report difficulties registering. 

Do you always have to be so negative? The truth is we both have full time jobs and boats to look after and maintain, like many on here. If you must know it is p*ssing down with rain right now and I have water pouring in through one of my windows yet here I am fixing a recaptcha issue. Not to sound blase about it, but to hopefully give some perspective. We try to dedicate as much time as we can to this site but sometimes things get in the way and it may take us longer than we'd like to respond to issues such as this. I'm sure Dan would be interested to hear from any volunteers who would like to contribute to the site and I will gladly stand aside for anyone who can dedicate more time and ultimately do a better job. 

13 minutes ago, RichM said:

Do you always have to be so negative? The truth is we both have full time jobs and boats to look after and maintain, like many on here. If you must know it is p*ssing down with rain right now and I have water pouring in through one of my windows yet here I am fixing a recaptcha issue. Not to sound blase about it, but to hopefully give some perspective. We try to dedicate as much time as we can to this site but sometimes things get in the way and it may take us longer than we'd like to respond to issues such as this. I'm sure Dan would be interested to hear from any volunteers who would like to contribute to the site and I will gladly stand aside for anyone who can dedicate more time and ultimately do a better job. 

If it helps...

Thank you for your work on the site

1 hour ago, RichM said:

You obviously don't know I did my very best to volunteer to help run the site, but got totally blanked by Dan.

• Love 1
  • Horror 1