Its a little known fact...

David Mack

Featured Posts

... that if you leave your doggy doos on a balance beam, the dog poo fairy will come along in the middle of the night and remove it (not)!

20191024_155749.jpg.a54bd84d9d0ac72f227c7eecfc4d8e30.jpg

Why do  people go to the trouble of bagging poo, then leave it in places like this?

Edited by David Mack

38 minutes ago, David Mack said:

... that if you leave your doggy doos on a balance beam, the dog poo fairy will come along in the middle of the night and remove it (not)!

20191024_155749.jpg.a54bd84d9d0ac72f227c7eecfc4d8e30.jpg

Why do  people go to the trouble of bagging poo, then leave it in places like this?

I think their justification is that they leave it there to pick up on the way back from walking Fido, although they may 'accidentally' forget to do so. It's the same excuse they use for hanging it on trees etc.

The thing that gets me is that they've done the difficult bit by picking it up & bagging it, so why can't they finish the job?

The anti-litter campainers call it thoughtful littering.  You know it's wrong so you dump it nearly on a balance beam etc.  Typical examples are bottles or can on windoe sills or walls.

Thinks it’s very bad form for a dog owner to do this.    If I know I have a long walk to the next bin I double bad the offending item.      Been known to pick up other dogs ‘business’ as well as our owns too.   Not pleasant but needs doing sadly as not all fellow dog owners pick up there’s or leave the bags to ‘collect later’! 

I don't have a dog but I often walk my friends' dogs. My question is, why do dogs always have a laser beam poo when there's someone close enough to see that they've had a poo but too far away to know that it's impossible to pick up? I normally just go through the motions. Pardon the pun. 

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

If it wasn't for that not so lovely bag of poo sat there, that would be a rather nice photo. 

I am a dog person and my dog will do almost all of his business right at the start of a walk and the rest of the walk is left for running about like an idiot, to save me carrying the bag of poo with me for the whole walk I will place it somewhere discreet to be collected and disposed of before we leave but discreet really does mean discreet, out of the way and pretty much hidden. For the life of me I can not understand the thinking behind this kind of disgusting littering but even worse why would you leave this bag of yuck on something that other people are going to be handling. 

Dog walkers who do this should be ashamed of themselves but unfortunately the people who would do this likely have no shame or they wouldn't think it acceptable to do this in the first place.  

3 minutes ago, stegra said:

I don't have a dog but I often walk my friends' dogs. My question is, why do dogs always have a laser beam poo when there's someone close enough to see that they've had a poo but too far away to know that it's impossible to pick up? I normally just go through the motions. Pardon the pun. 

Stick and flick is acceptable if the environment allows. 

Edited by Tumshie
spelling

59 minutes ago, sirweste said:

General Boating Forum...

If I am bagging and am walking a linear route (that's not busy) I will often leave a bag of fresh for collection on the return journey (if it's logical to do so).

Completely agree. I think some on here like to be outraged. I walk our dog daily oop or doent towpath across from my mooring. I ALWAYS bag the poo but dont walk along with it as the dog poos at walk begining and I leave it at side of towpath against bushes and pick it up on way back. Daft to carry it along during the walk. I reckon someone on the picture has mistakenly left it after shoving a balance beam or somett.

9 minutes ago, stegra said:

If there is only one boat moored on the entire walk our dog and I suspect other owners dog ALWAYS runs and dumps right outside the boat ?

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Completely agree. I think some on here like to be outraged. I walk our dog daily oop or doent towpath across from my mooring. I ALWAYS bag the poo but dont walk along with it as the dog poos at walk begining and I leave it at side of towpath against bushes and pick it up on way back. Daft to carry it along during the walk. I reckon someone on the picture has mistakenly left it after shoving a balance beam or somett.

I agree with you but bad dog walking habits happen all too often. I used to regularly see a woman who when walking her dog to the local dog park used to stop to let her it poo on a pile of leaves and then rather than pick it up she would shuffle the leaves over the top of it, this pile of leaves was right at a primary school gate and children love to kick and play in piles of leaves, don't they. So while yes some people do like to make a fuss out of nothing that doesn't mean that when people are bang out of order they shouldn't be pulled up for it. When I was a child I often told my mother that 'I didn't mean to' that didn't stop me getting my lug clipped. 

The dog people who really piss me off are the ones who bag their pooche's poo (probably when people are about) and then chuck it in the cut when no one is around.

I have twice had the disgusting experience of having to clear torn bags of poo from my prop.