strange boat, Vietnam

magpie patrick

Featured Posts

Bing has been putting the image below as my wallpaper for the last couple of days - its from Getty Images

It appears to show a river with a boat that is either skeletal of waterlogged - I'm guessing it may actually be a very wet cargo if indeed it is a boat.

Although I'm well travelled I've never been to this part of the world, nor along a river that is surrounded by rice fields (from memory the Irrawaddy was not, but it is over twenty-five years since I made that voyage

Anyone have any ideas?

thFINE0M1L.jpg

Edited by magpie patrick

57 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

Bing has been putting the image below as my wallpaper for the last couple of days

Bing? So YOU’RE the one who uses it... ;)

Sorry, no idea about the wet-looking thing. 

49 minutes ago, cougie said:

looks like a sunken ship. 

Doesn’t to me. It appears to be two separate rectangular structures (chained together?) with a triangular one pointing upstream. 

2 hours ago, carlt said:

Some sort of fish farm perhaps?

Seems likely to me. 

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, WotEver said:

Bing? So YOU’RE the one who uses it... ;)

:lol:

3 hours ago, cougie said:

Apparently it's in Lang Din,. Vietnam. Better photo here and looks like a sunken ship. 

2 hours ago, WotEver said:

Doesn’t to me. It appears to be two separate rectangular structures (chained together?) with a triangular one pointing upstream. 

Agree, closer up it looks less likely to be a boat - if it was decked over I'd think different, but I think it's water surrounded by structure not structure containing water

mystery solved!   been seeing this picture recently and was trying to work out where and when.   Yes as soon you zoom in the sunken boat suddenly is very clearly a fish farm or simular.