Which solar panels ?

RufusR

Featured Posts

Now looking at what solar panels to mount . Our mooring is under trees so is partial shady for half the day so looking at panels with good shade performance . Also we have a pigeon scourge so thinking these maybe good 

https://www.bimblesolar.com/solar/jinko-305w-smart-panel

but also seen these 

https://www.bimblesolar.com/solar/ja315w-bifacial-solar-panel

any thoughts about which would be best . I think the first ones may suit the conditions inc pigeon poo problem. 

Any advise on any thing else ? Looking for about 1kw ish 

cheers 

Si

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Move the boat.

Change moorings

Buy a chain saw

Buy an air rifle

Buy a generator

1. Not possible spent half my life looking for this very lovely mooring pigeons and trees accepted lol

2. Ditto 

3. Not my trees unfortunately and at over 100 ft high diy tree fella not advised lol

4. I am a vegan 

5. Got one but want to be greener see post 4 

?

• Greenie 3

5 minutes ago, RufusR said:

1. Not possible spent half my life looking for this very lovely mooring pigeons and trees accepted lol

2. Ditto 

3. Not my trees unfortunately and at over 100 ft high diy tree fella not advised lol

4. I am a vegan 

5. Got one but want to be greener see post 4 

?

Then I think you will just have to accept that solar is not going to be very effective in your circumstances.

32 minutes ago, matty40s said:

4. You don't have to eat them

Vegan = not killing nor condoning the killing of any living creature . Not just the consumption of said critter ?

28 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Then I think you will just have to accept that solar is not going to be very effective in your circumstances.

Current set up works ok for half the day but since I a, planning replacement with a bigger array was just looking at better low light solutions . Does anyone have any experience with either of these low light / partial shading technologies?

• Greenie 1

On 20/10/2019 at 14:54, RufusR said:

Got one but want to be greener see post 4 

I get it, we all need to do whatever we can for the environment, marginal gains and all.  But our electric cost, and thus more or less, carbon cost is the lowest of our four fuels.  Anthracite, diesel, LPG and electricity, in that order.  Doubt we are much different to the majority on the cut.  So whilst there are many benefits to solar, not sure we are going to noticeably change the planet with it...

53 minutes ago, The Dreamer said:

I get it, we all need to do whatever we can for the environment, marginal gains and all.  But our electric cost, and thus more or less, carbon cost is the lowest of our four fuels.  Anthracite, diesel, LPG and electricity, in that order.  Doubt we are much different to the majority on the cut.  So whilst there are many benefits to solar, not sure we are going to noticeably change the planet with it...

A shortened version is " peeing in the wind "