Batteries in yer boats

AllenTC2

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

So you always have a LA in circuit?

Yes, the LiFePo4s go up and down between 12.7V and 13.3V (non charging voltages) so the LAs are sitting full 'all' of the time. They are not actually full as you can see current flowing in and out the LAs but they never go under 12.7V so are always full (ish).

My set up is good 'cause when we went abroad in August, our son had the boat for a while and I just turned the manual disconnect switch on the LiFePo4s to 'off' and he used the LAs.

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

If I was younger I would look into it but if my Trojans do as well (I am hoping better) than the last set then they should see me out boating wise.

That represents totally my views on my AGMs. Access for checking is the deal breaker for me. If I have to replace them in a couple of years that will be a plus for me.

To the OP. Point out to whoever pointed out that we only have 2200 mils of canals that I've just done a journey that could take one 2 days in a boat (Cropredy to bottom of Napton flight) in 25 minutes on flooded, potholed country lanes. 

I would still love to see tthe Rockies though

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

It took us 5 days to do that trip this week on the bote.

41 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I bet I can do it in six......

I bet I could widen al the locks and wreck all the bridges...................................................Il get me coat................

Edited by peterboat
  • Haha 2