Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Canal321

3 network down

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ah but you never cruise anywhere do you, so it would be :D

Not been far this year I must admit, but I reckon Ive done ore than most in my thirty years and o2 works everywhere between Yorkshire and London and across to Bristol. When I had 3 oh deary deary me it was dreadful. Spose it may have improved but if it has tell me why its still the cheapest by far?? If you have a premium product ya dont need to be cheap innitt.

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Not been far this year I must admit, but I reckon Ive done ore than most in my thirty years and o2 works everywhere between Yorkshire and London and across to Bristol. When I had 3 oh deary deary me it was dreadful. Spose it may have improved but if it has tell me why its still the cheapest by far?? If you have a premium product ya dont need to be cheap innitt.

What's it like in Braunston? You seem to have forgottened! 

I have two x Three mifi things with unlimited data (the only supplier to offer this), and two Vodafone phones and between the two, I am never without a signal.

I bought myself out of the O2 contract I bought a few years ago, due to infuriatingly poor signal coverage and reverted to Vodafone. Bliss!

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

What's it like in Braunston? You seem to have forgottened! 

I have two x Three mifi things with unlimited data (the only supplier to offer this), and two Vodafone phones and between the two, I am never without a signal.

I bought myself out of the O2 contract I bought a few years ago, due to infuriatingly poor signal coverage and reverted to Vodafone. Bliss!

I agree its poor in Braunston but I like to go boating, I avoid touristy spots like Braunston if possible. O2 is great most any other place, I know you are kidding re Yodafone, they dont work anywhere whatsoever!!

Smarty (on three network) is also offering unlimited everything for £18.75/month at the moment.

Innit funny how everyone is happy to defend 'their' network.....until it don't work.

Been with EE for a while, for London you can't beat EE. Up in Yorkshire so far they've been excellent. I get between 30 and 40mbs up north, in London I got in excess of 60. Couldn't really beat it. Went with 3 for a while in London, the data connection was pretty unreliable so went back to EE.

I'm surprised that some provider like giff gaff hasn't jumped on the idea of offering connections via any network and so covering all bases.

• Greenie 1

54 minutes ago, NB Caelmiri said:

I'm surprised that some provider like giff gaff hasn't jumped on the idea of offering connections via any network and so covering all bases.

Giffgaff is owned by Telephonica who also own O2 ;)

Edited by Loddon

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

My o2 meanwhile remains fast and faultless :D

My wife uses giffgaff, she gets the same O2 signal that you do. No idea how much data you use but:

https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans

Every provider will have the occasional problem, O2 are no exception. My phone is on the EE network via Plusnet but, having just looked at giffgaffs deals, I think I might switch back to them.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Richard10002 said:

My wife uses giffgaff, she gets the same O2 signal that you do. No idea how much data you use but:

https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans

Every provider will have the occasional problem, O2 are no exception. My phone is on the EE network via Plusnet but, having just looked at giffgaffs deals, I think I might switch back to them.

MM! Looks like Plusnet are offering 5.5Gb for £9.50 or, if you have Plusnet Broadband, 7.5Gb for £9.50. They recently put my price up by £0.50 to £10.50 for 4Gb. I've ordered a giffgaff SIM and will be attaching their 6Gb for £10 deal to it. All unlimited texts and minutes, and tethering with the whole of the data allowance.

I think if Plusnet wont offer me the 7.5Gb for £9.50, I'm off to GiffGaff.

On 17/10/2019 at 15:53, rusty69 said:

What is the 02 package mrsmelly? Now the answer must contain a figure in £ and a data quantity in GB. No thinamijigs, wotsits, watchmacallits, and definitely no doodah's.

Right oh orange personage. Whilst in town today I was a good boy and went intut o2 shop and talked to a nice young lady who says I get 40 thingies of data on mi dongle for 19.50 a month and I never use more than 26 thingies, I didnt have a clue what I used so she looked up for me. Anyway the rest of mi bill is for data and stuff on the two fones. Wasnt I a good boy checking 😁 I still dont know or indeed care if thats a good deal or not but it works well lol. Apparently I have had the " plan " for two years lol since we last went in tut shop.

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Right oh orange personage. Whilst in town today I was a good boy and went intut o2 shop and talked to a nice young lady who says I get 40 thingies of data on mi dongle for 19.50 a month and I never use more than 26 thingies, I didnt have a clue what I used so she looked up for me. Anyway the rest of mi bill is for data and stuff on the two fones. Wasnt I a good boy checking 😁 I still dont know or indeed care if thats a good deal or not but it works well lol. Apparently I have had the " plan " for two years lol since we last went in tut shop.

Well done mrsmelly, I really am proud of you. Now substitute the thingies for GigaBytes (GB), you will remember  GB, cos its a bit like Great Britain innit. 

That actually isn't a bad deal. I get 32GB (remember what it stands for) for £17 pcm, and rarely use it all. 

The thing is old bean if you wish to stream films (movies) you probably need more data. You can of course have this included if you use Netflix and 3, go binge, but I suspect you new that, didn't ya. I don't expect you want to do that though, cos you are probably happy wiv your beta max video recorder. 

Now, the next question is.... Is this a contract, rolling contract or pay as you go arrangement? 

Oh, I forgot to ask. What kind of download speeds do you achieve? 

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Well done mrsmelly, I really am proud of you. Now substitute the thingies for GigaBytes (GB), you will remember  GB, cos its a bit like Great Britain innit. 

That actually isn't a bad deal. I get 32GB (remember what it stands for) for £17 pcm, and rarely use it all. 

The thing is old bean if you wish to stream films (movies) you probably need more data. You can of course have this included if you use Netflix and 3, go binge, but I suspect you new that, didn't ya. I don't expect you want to do that though, cos you are probably happy wiv your beta max video recorder. 

Now, the next question is.... Is this a contract, rolling contract or pay as you go arrangement? 

Ahh netflix :blink:? Go binge :unsure:? I did put a new valve in the telly last year, does that count? Apparently we took out 12 month contracts last time and got discount cos we had been with o2 a while or the missus has since inception I fink. We just have the sims as we have our own fone and dongles and we can finish anytime we like apparently. Gonna stay cos you said its ok :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Gonna stay cos you said its ok :D

Ah, yes, but you didn't say what your typical download speeds are like. Consider it homework, due in a weeks time....... 

18 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Ahh netflix :blink:? Go binge :unsure:? I did put a new valve in the telly last year, does that count? Apparently we took out 12 month contracts last time and got discount cos we had been with o2 a while or the missus has since inception I fink. We just have the sims as we have our own fone and dongles and we can finish anytime we like apparently. Gonna stay cos you said its ok :D

We use netflix a lot and when the satellite doesnt work (under trees) we need to get the signal via internet. We use around 300Gb per month!

We therefore have the 'unlimited' 3 contract (which is just about ok to stream) for £24/month and an EE contract for 500Gb/month for £45. We think £70/month is fine for guarunteed access all the time. We seem to be on the EE sim 90% of the time as it is 90% better.

5 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

We use netflix a lot and when the satellite doesnt work (under trees) we need to get the signal via internet. We use around 300Gb per month!

We therefore have the 'unlimited' 3 contract (which is just about ok to stream) for £24/month and an EE contract for 500Gb/month for £45. We think £70/month is fine for guarunteed access all the time. We seem to be on the EE sim 90% of the time as it is 90% better.

500GB,and you only use 300GB,including the 3 sim! Send the excess to me would ya? Though I don't have enough data to download it all. 

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

500GB,and you only use 300GB,including the 3 sim! Send the excess to me would ya? Though I don't have enough data to download it all. 

Ay, I should have got the 300Gb deal from EE for £35 (ie 10 squid cheaper) but I wasnt convinced 3 would be that bullet proof (it let us down over the summer in a number of places around Brum where we got a strong signal but very poor internet). I was ok to pay 10 squid more for the best service. We are not camping! Fish jokes time?

If you make a standing order out to me for £15/month, I will transfer the balance we do not use to you by post on the 2nd of every month.

14 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

f you make a standing order out to me for £15/month, I will transfer the balance we do not use to you by post on the 2nd of every month.

Sounds like a good deal. 

I hear with all the Complaints about the 3 network last week, they have renamed their service Go Winge! Though I thought Go Cringe would be better. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Whilst in town today I was a good boy and went intut o2 shop and talked to a nice young lady who says I get 40 thingies of data on mi dongle for 19.50 a month

What a sh!t deal. 40 thingies for nearly £20? They seen you coming!! 

I get 1,000 thingies a month for £25.

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

What a sh!t deal. 40 thingies for nearly £20? They seen you coming!! 

I get 1,000 thingies a month for £25.

Yeah, but if he doesn't use 1000 thingies, why pay for em innit! 

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Well if 1,000 thingies cost £25, then 40 of them should cost £1, innit.

Yeah but no but if he can't use them cos he don't need em or can't get a signal on another network then erm....... 

• Horror 1

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Well if 1,000 thingies cost £25, then 40 of them should cost £1, innit.

If Dr Bob gets unlimited thingies for 24 quid, you're 1000 thingies for 25 quid is sh*t too! 

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Is weird. Everyone else say Three signal GRATE. Must be the Three waves deciding not to connect to mrsmelly ;)

They don't connect to Mr Rusty either! 

6 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

If Dr Bob gets unlimited thingies for 24 quid, you're 1000 thingies for 25 quid is sh*t too!

Dr Bob dunt no it, but his 'unlimited' is limited to 1,000 thingies a month if he read ze kontract....

Same as mine!

14 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Dr Bob dunt no it, but his 'unlimited' is limited to 1,000 thingies a month if he read ze kontract....

Same as mine!

My 1000 thingies can't be the same as yours cause a load of mine went watching Liverpool the other nite and you don't watch footy so they can't be the same. There. Caught you out!