Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Canal321

3 network down

Featured Posts

Back now...had a few stops & starts. Interesting to note that both our identical iPhones next to each other weren’t losing service at the same time! 

Mifi device and phone off this morning when I woke up. Not so bothered about the Mifi as I have mobile data on my phone plan but had no service at all on my phone. 

Twice I have gone down the 3 route mainly due to cost, there is a reason they are cheapest, I will never bother with them again. Coverage is way below that of o2 which my  missus has had since day one and I am again with. Slightly more expensive but there is a valid reason.

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Twice I have gone down the 3 route mainly due to cost, there is a reason they are cheapest, I will never bother with them again. Coverage is way below that of o2 which my  missus has had since day one and I am again with. Slightly more expensive but there is a valid reason.

What is the 02 package mrsmelly? Now the answer must contain a figure in £ and a data quantity in GB. No thinamijigs, wotsits, watchmacallits, and definitely no doodah's.

13 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

What is the 02 package mrsmelly? Now the answer must contain a figure in £ and a data quantity in GB. No thinamijigs, wotsits, watchmacallits, and definitely no doodah's.

I havnt a clue old boy it goes out monthly?? I have had it ages. I know when I took it out it was about a tenner a month more than 3 would have been iirc. the main difference is for that tenner, it actualy works. I must check as its now probably over three years old and will maybe go down if I renew? it usualy does.

Was very on and off this morning, had to resort to using the phone on giffgaff (O2) (£10pm unlimited calls 6gb data)

All back on now if a bit slower than usual (40 instead of 58)

Giffgaff is worth a look at up to about 20gb a month as they throttle after that. Also no contract just rolling monthly payments.

Edited by Loddon

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

I knew you was gonna say that.:)

Missus has just come in from dog walking and I asked her. She doesnt know how many gigs it is or how much we pay each month either ? 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Coverage is way below that of o2 which my  missus has had since day one and I am again with.

I can't say I've ever really had problems with the coverage on 3 even in seemingly remote places. Seeing as I use my phone as a WiFi hot-spot for all my other Internet nonsense, having unlimited everything for £20 is an absolute bargain compared to what other networks offer. 

• Greenie 1

Right, Ive just been ontut online banking thingy and we pay 48.48 a month. Two fones, and data on a mi fi thingy All I can say is we never run out of data or fone use or owt.  Bargain innitt 

20 minutes ago, Rumsky said:

I can't say I've ever really had problems with the coverage on 3 even in seemingly remote places. Seeing as I use my phone as a WiFi hot-spot for all my other Internet nonsense, having unlimited everything for £20 is an absolute bargain compared to what other networks offer. 

Agreed. Used to be on orange/EE. That ended up being down more than up and they just didn’t care. Found 3 to be much better both for coverage & speed plus as a business user we get unlimited everything (Including tethering) on 2 phones for £34/month. Hardly anywhere we don’t have service when boating. 

Weve tried the other networks periodically to check and they are dire at both our mooring & unit. 

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Right, Ive just been ontut online banking thingy and we pay 48.48 a month. Two fones, and data on a mi fi thingy All I can say is we never run out of data or fone use or owt.  Bargain innitt 

I have absolutely no idea, cos you didn't quote

3 hours ago, rusty69 said:

:)

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

£25 a month each then. Hopefully you get unlimited everything, including data, and you are free to tether with unlimited data.

I pay Plusnet £10.50 per month for unlimited minutes and texts, and 4Gb of data, which is more than enough on my phone. I probably pay too much for what I get, but saving a couple of quid a month isn't a top priority.

My 3 mobile Broadband stopped last night, mid post. My MiFi gave a message which suggested that there was a problem with the SIM card but, after a while, I gave up F***ing about with it. All back up and working this morning. Irritating, but not the end of the world.

Edited by Richard10002

30 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

£25 a month each then. Hopefully you get unlimited everything, including data, and you are free to tether with unlimited data.

I pay Plusnet £10.50 per month for unlimited minutes and texts, and 4Gb of data, which is more than enough on my phone. I probably pay too much for what I get, but saving a couple of quid a month isn't a top priority.

My 3 mobile Broadband stopped last night, mid post. My MiFi gave a message which suggested that there was a problem with the SIM card but, after a while, I gave up F***ing about with it. All back up and working this morning. Irritating, but not the end of the world.

Yes quite, I have already stated its not the cheapest. however everything has a cost. A Rolls Royce costs more than a Trabant. I got too fed up for a tenner or somett a month having a wishy washy signal in many places on mi travels. With o2 I have never a problem.

I still have no mobile data - our home mooring in Northants, which is usually fine.

Three say it is fixed for most customers now, but I don't seem to be one of them.

I wonder if the reasons for such a widespread failure will ever be public knowledge?

As for ''3" versus "O2" - can't agree at all with Mr Smelly.

"3" was always massively better for us, and for canal locations we use regularly "02" regularly useless, so we ditched it as soon as we could.  That said neither were as bad as Vofafone!

Currently using wife's EE - generally the second best for coverage in our experience.

Our league table..

1) 3 (assuming it isn't today!)

2) EE

3) O2

4) 2 tin cans with taught string connecting them
5) Vodafone

3 has always been good for me too, although mine was very slow for a few hours the other evening.

I should have looked at latest on Three web-site.

It now effectively says, (not joking), "fixed for most people, but if you still have problems, switch it off and on again"

I was dubious, but I did, and now have 4G back again.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, alan_fincher said:

I should have looked at latest on Three web-site.

It now effectively says, (not joking), "fixed for most people, but if you still have problems, switch it off and on again"

I was dubious, but I did, and now have 4G back again.

Do you not need Internet access to read the site that says switch it off and on again. 

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Do you not need Internet access to read the site that says switch it off and on again. 

Yes, but a connection via my wife's EE phone allows me to see the Three site...

...but you knew that actually, didn't you?

7 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Yes, but a connection via my wife's EE phone allows me to see the Three site...

...but you knew that actually, didn't you?

I knew it was possible to have more than one access to the Internet yes, however, I don't. 

All working fine now, I pay £20 pcm for internet and £13.50 for phone plus data.

Yesterday I had NO SERVICE on 't laptop, and phone was ON/OFF. Then everything  started working again.

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

All working fine now, I pay £20 pcm for internet and £13.50 for phone plus data.

Yesterday I had NO SERVICE on 't laptop, and phone was ON/OFF. Then everything  started working again.

Similar to me.  So now it's back on I'll be able to receive the apology and details of the compensation, that's doubtless  winging my way.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this