Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Wanted

What’s this then?

Featured Posts

Hi all, been a while! Trust everyone is well. 

Anyway.. 

thought you all like a challenge... what’s this then? 

Made of ivory or bone , egg with holes in it, cut and hinged in middle with some kind of sprung clamp in the base. 

Mega points to the winner! 

6D7F1BEB-394E-45C7-B5D9-5F0CE280F4E2.jpeg

06509293-54FF-4432-9BE4-792332916589.jpeg

FD4C8916-E0B3-41C8-9483-0BADC0653CC7.jpeg

7F7574AE-BDE1-46C7-985E-8CD436EB2CE8.jpeg

If it's ivory, maybe Wanted stole it from an ivory trader, in which case mega points to him I suppose.

As said by 4-50 I think it's a string or thread holder. It looks like the bottom of the thing is worn away by pulling thread/string through it but it seems strange that the string would come out of the bottom so if it is a dispenser then I think there must be more to it than just that, perhaps it hangs from or attaches to something else. 

I think it’s part of a braiding machine. The yarn passes through the base and out of the top. It is part of a larger revolving table which would carry several bobbins of braid fed through individual holes in the bottom hemisphere and out through individual holes in the top hemisphere. 

But I may be wrong. 

Good thoughts, it’s not actually mine, a hoarder mate of mine bought it and has no idea why! :) 

we thought possibly a censer but something doesn’t quite add up with the clamp at the bottom, braiding/yarn is an interesting thought as well. 

Keep em coming folks, if Simone can find a pic of another then we are in business!  

It's a fart filter for when your long suffering other half finally has enough, stuff it full of either charcoal or cotton wool soaked in your favourite unguent and attach firmly to the offending orifice.

Or maybe not

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

How about a cat treat dispenser?

Cat treats get put inside and the cat plays with the egg and out comes a treat or two!

Nipper

• Greenie 1

It is an opening and ventilated clamp- on codpiece. Possibly for younger or less endowed users.

Edited by magnetman
  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

One day I will treat myself to the dvds

I did and they are great TM. There are a lot of them. A good place to find them is major Garden Centres - often reduced in price.

20 hours ago, Wanted said:

what’s this then? 

Not sure what it was made for, but many round here might like to see it re-purposed as a container for Steve Heywood’s severed bolocks! 

• Haha 1

It may be part of a yarn twister.

Several single ply yarns go in the small holes and come out the single hole as one multi-ply yarn.

The wooden plinth looks like it has a pulley drive ridge around its edge to spin the egg.

• Greenie 1