Radio 4 today - 12.35

jake_crew

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Dharl said:

will have to find it on the "BBC SOUNDS" and have a listen....

Bring back I Player or get Sounds to work before introducing it! 

Also, why are IT 'upgrades' always introduced without a hint of user advice.

Back to the subject, I'll make it bedtime listening

• Greenie 2

3 hours ago, Slim said:

Bring back I Player or get Sounds to work before introducing it! 

Also, why are IT 'upgrades' always introduced without a hint of user advice.

Back to the subject, I'll make it bedtime listening

Amen to bring back the iPlayer!! 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Here is another on the K&A where they claim CRT just turned up to seize their Butty. https://www.facebook.com/groups/178384468913736/permalink/2493210804097746/ 

That’s terrible...Bully CaRT not issuing warnings, giving them a chance to change their cruising habits etc etc JUST turning up and nicking their butty........

6 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

No they didn't, they became "mooringless"
Did the Baton Twirlers Assoc take part?

Basically that. Complaints from a family now with a mooring on the floating harbour in Bristol. Were living on the K&A around Bath for work and kids schooling. Got put on a restricted license for not moving enough. Still didn't move enough, so license refused. Them saying how unfair it all is. Baton Twirler saying how unfair it all is. CaRT talking head for the rebuttal. Only the CaRT guy interviewed and questioned, the other two speaking without comment in pre-recorded pieces. From  around 18 to 25 minutes in the programme. Nothing we've not heard many times before. Usual mistakes, calling a boat license a continuous cruising license etc.

I know that am preaching to the perverted here, but am sure CaRT states that if you need to stay in a certain area for work or schools , then the “Continous Cruising “ (yes I know it’s not called that) is not the correct one and you should find a residential mooring.....

So this is not news i.e. anew CRT victim in a series of victimisations, its the same serial offender getting repeated doses of BBC exposure. 

Reminds me of the way the gov't keep announcing the same 'new' spending every six months. 

2 hours ago, blackrose said:

I haven't had any issues using BBC Sounds. Seemed pretty easy to me. What's the problem?

I too find it a vast improvement, mainly as it is radio only. 

iPlayer was a confusing mash up of TV and radio. "Sounds" is radio in real time, along with a history of the schedules for each station so old porgrammes can be found and listened to with ease.

Is there an equivalent app called "pictures" for the telly programmes now?

4 hours ago, IanM said:

The iPlayer Radio app has changed to BBC Sounds. My BBC iPlayer app still works fine for the TV side of things.

But have they stripped all the radio out of your BBC iPlayer app now? Do you still actually have the BBC iPlayer app on your fone?

Mine has been removed from my iphone without me asking, and replaced with BBS Sounds.