Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
mrsmelly

Nell Bridge

Featured Posts

South Oxford Nell bridge not passable by anything other than very low cabin boats due to the cherwell being a bit damp. Just sayin like. Its probably on the CART website but I couldnt find it.

Edited by mrsmelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

South Oxford Nell bridge not passable by anything other than very low cabin boats due to the cherwell being a bit damp. Just sayin like. Its probably on the CART website but I couldnt find it.

Did you not mention this earlier today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Did you not mention this earlier today?

Yes oh orange one but I have now put it on Stoppages seeing as CART which have a yard and offices 8 feet from it cannot be bothered :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Yes oh orange one but I have now put it on Stoppages seeing as CART which have a yard and offices 8 feet from it cannot be bothered :D

Fair enough. Please be advised though, the proper format is C&RT,not CART.

 

Thankyou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Fair enough. Please be advised though, the proper format is C&RT,not CART.

 

Thankyou

CART

 

Canal

And

River

Trust 

 

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

CART

 

Canal

And

River

Trust 

 

:P

I hope I don't come across any anal divers.

Edited by rusty69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

It must be the water they're letting thru Banbury lock today?  Must get down and see Mr Smelly again soon

Hello old bean hows that RN running?:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sticking my neck out - does CRT(or even CaRT) pehaps think the level gauges are sufficient information to allow boaters to make their own judgement.

Thise downstream of the lock are clealy visible, but where is the one at Nell Bridge - methinks it's buried in the tunnel under the road, or otherwise awkward to read - if so perhaps that needs attention.

Otherwise it's the old rule of Caveat Emptor that applies. After all everyone knows there's been an awful lot of rain around and perhaps due diligence should be applied in the few cases where canals have too much water....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under the bridge you can just see the remains of the top bit of the red bit (on the western side) but all the rest has broken off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Keeping Up said:

Under the bridge you can just see the remains of the top bit of the red bit (on the western side) but all the rest has broken off.

That's handy then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, OldGoat said:

Sticking my neck out - does CRT(or even CaRT) pehaps think the level gauges are sufficient information to allow boaters to make their own judgement.

Thise downstream of the lock are clealy visible, but where is the one at Nell Bridge - methinks it's buried in the tunnel under the road, or otherwise awkward to read - if so perhaps that needs attention.

Otherwise it's the old rule of Caveat Emptor that applies. After all everyone knows there's been an awful lot of rain around and perhaps due diligence should be applied in the few cases where canals have too much water....

That's not really an answer.  The CRT stoppages page is mainly used to plan a route in advance.  Anyone who's travelling the Oxford for the first time would expect the stoppages page to give them notice to rearrange their route, not to spend all day heading to an impassable bridge and have to turn round and go all the way back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I havnt checked CART website today so dont know if its on there? Higher today so its a no go for any narrowboat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Hello old bean hows that RN running?:D

It's running very nicely thank you?  How's the missus?  Passed Geoff and Karen a few weeks ago near Ansty. Fast asleep they must have been!

It's on the stoppage posts to my phone

Nell Bridge,that is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

It's running very nicely thank you?  How's the missus?  Passed Geoff and Karen a few weeks ago near Ansty. Fast asleep they must have been!

It's on the stoppage posts to my phone

Nell Bridge,that is!

:cheers: I suppose one day late for the stoppage is fair enough!! Missus is fine as r u two methinks?

Edited by mrsmelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

It's running very nicely thank you?  How's the missus?  Passed Geoff and Karen a few weeks ago near Ansty. Fast asleep they must have been!

It's on the stoppage posts to my phone

Nell Bridge,that is!

 

Hey is there still ringing practice on Monday nights at Cropredy? 

 

I've been there twice on a Monday night this summer and both times tower church was all locked up and quiet. Was I just unlucky? 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice Alert


Oxford CanalStarts At: Lock 32, Nell Bridge LockEnds At: Lock 33, Aynho Weir Lock

Wednesday 16 October 2019 until further notice

Type: Navigation Restriction Reason: Information

Original message: Environment Agencys, River Cherwell & River Thames are currently showing flood alerts due to high river levels a result of rainfall over the last few days https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/10513099/flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk?p=eyJzIjoiOGlwMzJMejNiX19LYnI0R1RHc01iNzhUc2w0IiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjoxMDUxMzA5OSxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2Zsb29kLXdhcm5pbmctaW5mb3JtYXRpb24uc2VydmljZS5nb3YudWtcXFwvd2FybmluZ3M_bG9jYXRpb249K294Zm9yZFwiLFwiaWRcIjpcIjQxODJjMWI0YmYyMDQ4YzI4NjUwYzVmNTU2NDQ1OTUzXCIsXCJ1cmxfaWRzXCI6W1wiZWExZGZlNDFiM2Q0OTU4N2EyMmQ5ZmRlYmRlNTIyOTU5MDg0ZjZhNFwiXX0ifQ
The Oxford Canal has been affected and it not possible to navigate through Aynho/Nell Bridge area due to these high water levels.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bumped this thread to say I will go check levels later in case anyone is thinking of coming this way ?

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Just bumped this thread to say I will go check levels later in case anyone is thinking of coming this way ?

What a nice man you are 'uncle Tim'  (apart from the regulars), this forum could do with more.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.