Nell Bridge

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

South Oxford Nell bridge not passable by anything other than very low cabin boats due to the cherwell being a bit damp. Just sayin like. Its probably on the CART website but I couldnt find it.

Edited by mrsmelly

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

South Oxford Nell bridge not passable by anything other than very low cabin boats due to the cherwell being a bit damp. Just sayin like. Its probably on the CART website but I couldnt find it.

Did you not mention this earlier today?

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Did you not mention this earlier today?

Yes oh orange one but I have now put it on Stoppages seeing as CART which have a yard and offices 8 feet from it cannot be bothered :D

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Yes oh orange one but I have now put it on Stoppages seeing as CART which have a yard and offices 8 feet from it cannot be bothered :D

Fair enough. Please be advised though, the proper format is C&RT,not CART.

Thankyou

Sticking my neck out - does CRT(or even CaRT) pehaps think the level gauges are sufficient information to allow boaters to make their own judgement.

Thise downstream of the lock are clealy visible, but where is the one at Nell Bridge - methinks it's buried in the tunnel under the road, or otherwise awkward to read - if so perhaps that needs attention.

Otherwise it's the old rule of Caveat Emptor that applies. After all everyone knows there's been an awful lot of rain around and perhaps due diligence should be applied in the few cases where canals have too much water....

14 hours ago, OldGoat said:

Sticking my neck out - does CRT(or even CaRT) pehaps think the level gauges are sufficient information to allow boaters to make their own judgement.

Thise downstream of the lock are clealy visible, but where is the one at Nell Bridge - methinks it's buried in the tunnel under the road, or otherwise awkward to read - if so perhaps that needs attention.

Otherwise it's the old rule of Caveat Emptor that applies. After all everyone knows there's been an awful lot of rain around and perhaps due diligence should be applied in the few cases where canals have too much water....

That's not really an answer.  The CRT stoppages page is mainly used to plan a route in advance.  Anyone who's travelling the Oxford for the first time would expect the stoppages page to give them notice to rearrange their route, not to spend all day heading to an impassable bridge and have to turn round and go all the way back.

16 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Hello old bean hows that RN running?:D

It's running very nicely thank you?  How's the missus?  Passed Geoff and Karen a few weeks ago near Ansty. Fast asleep they must have been!

It's on the stoppage posts to my phone

Nell Bridge,that is!

46 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

It's running very nicely thank you?  How's the missus?  Passed Geoff and Karen a few weeks ago near Ansty. Fast asleep they must have been!

Nell Bridge,that is!

:cheers: I suppose one day late for the stoppage is fair enough!! Missus is fine as r u two methinks?

Edited by mrsmelly

50 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

Nell Bridge,that is!

Hey is there still ringing practice on Monday nights at Cropredy? 

I've been there twice on a Monday night this summer and both times tower church was all locked up and quiet. Was I just unlucky? 

Notice Alert

Oxford CanalStarts At: Lock 32, Nell Bridge LockEnds At: Lock 33, Aynho Weir Lock

Wednesday 16 October 2019 until further notice

Type: Navigation Restriction Reason: Information

Original message: Environment Agencys, River Cherwell & River Thames are currently showing flood alerts due to high river levels a result of rainfall over the last few days https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/10513099/flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk?p=eyJzIjoiOGlwMzJMejNiX19LYnI0R1RHc01iNzhUc2w0IiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjoxMDUxMzA5OSxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2Zsb29kLXdhcm5pbmctaW5mb3JtYXRpb24uc2VydmljZS5nb3YudWtcXFwvd2FybmluZ3M_bG9jYXRpb249K294Zm9yZFwiLFwiaWRcIjpcIjQxODJjMWI0YmYyMDQ4YzI4NjUwYzVmNTU2NDQ1OTUzXCIsXCJ1cmxfaWRzXCI6W1wiZWExZGZlNDFiM2Q0OTU4N2EyMmQ5ZmRlYmRlNTIyOTU5MDg0ZjZhNFwiXX0ifQ
The Oxford Canal has been affected and it not possible to navigate through Aynho/Nell Bridge area due to these high water levels.

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Just bumped this thread to say I will go check levels later in case anyone is thinking of coming this way ?

What a nice man you are 'uncle Tim'  (apart from the regulars), this forum could do with more.....