Nell Bridge levels

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I often feel like asking if the are authorised (is that the right word) to fly it

I would think so, its not like a proper flag of a country or the White or Red Ensign, its just like flying something out of a Disney movie really.

10 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I meant the Blue ensign 

Ahhhhh, oh no he aint flying a blue ensign. Its just a blue flag with some gold stars on it, I cant think of any country that has such a flag? maybe its just some old rag he found round his prop?

On 16/10/2019 at 14:06, mrsmelly said:

....R u on three or some other useless contract? we get a full and constant signal on o2 everywhere ont Oxford, indeed I have been nowhere yet my o2 doesnt work. I have been down the " Three " route on two different occasions, there is a reason they are cheap!! Vodafone are not much better.....

Totally off topic I know but it's interesting different experiences of the phone/internet suppliers. I've got a mobile with O2 and quite honestly, wherever I go the signal is crap. If anyone wants to ring me I tell them to text me first since they can sometimes get through when there isn't enough signal to talk and I'll text back to let them know if I've got enough signal for a chat. It isn't my phone since OH has a more modern one than me on the same system, and when I haven't got a signal, neither has she. On the other hand we have internet through Three and have pretty much never failed to connect anywhere in the country, the only place I can think of offhand with no internet was behind an industrial estate in Trowbridge about 5 years ago. Funny how you get such differing experiences:unsure:

ETA have just seen the other thread regarding Three being down this morning, first time that has happened to me with Three (happens all the time with O2).

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

47 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Totally off topic I know but it's interesting different experiences of the phone/internet suppliers. I've got a mobile with O2 and quite honestly, wherever I go the signal is crap. If anyone wants to ring me I tell them to text me first since they can sometimes get through when there isn't enough signal to talk and I'll text back to let them know if I've got enough signal for a chat. It isn't my phone since OH has a more modern one than me on the same system, and when I haven't got a signal, neither has she. On the other hand we have internet through Three and have pretty much never failed to connect anywhere in the country, the only place I can think of offhand with no internet was behind an industrial estate in Trowbridge about 5 years ago. Funny how you get such differing experiences:unsure:

ETA have just seen the other thread regarding Three being down this morning, first time that has happened to me with Three (happens all the time with O2).

I found very similar with Three, but didn't get a signal in places on the calden or S Oxford somewhere around Haywood area

The area we've been for three months or so has a lousy signal for three and EE. Also no telly reception. We have now moved and we are in Willington. The Three signal is still touch and go, but EE is spot in. Now realise Three have had issues but hopefully now sorted. Moving on today through Burton and beyond looking forward to getting back to a cruising pattern.

Nell bridge opened this morning and boats passing through again. However its torrential rain again at moment. Anyone coming this way I can go look if notice given that you are wanting to pass through.

On 16/10/2019 at 09:20, Nightwatch said:

We are going to winter in the Banbury-Aynho-Oxford region. What is the mooring like now in Banbury now that demolition and building has started? 

That takes me back a few years, Banbury, Aynho & Lower Heyford (possibly Thrupp too) no better place to winter.

• Greenie 1

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Now impassable at this location, just a heads up n case anyone was heading this way today, dont bother.

The Thames is now on 'reds' all the way from source to 'ammersmiff.

I reckon it's all Tim's fault - too much beer.

2 hours ago, Martin Nicholas said:

Most river sections are closed: Ouse, Severn, Kennet, Weaver, Calder & Hebble, Aire & Calder, Soar...

The situation is fluid.

The rumour on the ground is that the Weaver is likely to reopen tomorrow morning.

MP 

3 hours ago, OldGoat said:

The Thames is now on 'reds' all the way from source to 'ammersmiff.

I reckon it's all Tim's fault - too much beer.

I've just driven from a dry Oxfordshire to rain in Cornwall ?