How long do you plan to stay afloat?

AllenTC2

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

Lush, isn't it a prerequisite of a 6 month tourist Visa the ability to enjoy black pudding

Dont they make you eat it in  the immigration line?

(line = queue, for the americanism challenged brits)

2 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

It takes about 6 months to get to the Outer Hebrides, where the best Black Pudding is to be found.

Bill Oddie would take a lot more than that on a narrow boat. He only did a couple of miles last Friday in Cropredy.

6 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

It takes about 6 months to get to the Outer Hebrides, where the best Black Pudding is to be found.

I am sure they are fine but the ones made in Lancashire are I suggest the best, closely followed by the ones from Wrexham farmers market

5 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Dont they make you eat it in  the immigration line?

(line = queue, for the americanism challenged brits)

Bill Oddie would take a lot more than that on a narrow boat. He only did a couple of miles last Friday in Cropredy.

I would expect so, how else do they prove they are of good character, maybe followed by a bag of pork scratchings

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I am sure they are fine but the ones made in Lancashire are I suggest the best, closely followed by the ones from Wrexham farmers market

Spoken like a man who's never tried proper Stornoway Black PUdding with a bit of Lorne sausage on the side.  Bury Black Pudding is ok if that's all you can get I suppose.

2 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

Spoken like a man who's never tried proper Stornoway Black PUdding with a bit of Lorne sausage on the side.  Bury Black Pudding is ok if that's all you can get I suppose.

We may have to differ I am afraid but I am happy to try new foreign foods ;)

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Well, to be fair Dr Bob, Cropredy ain't that big!

No, you're right there.

Its got a lock.

Its got a water point by a huge horse chestnut tree. Load of conkers just lying on the ground. 40 years ago there wouldnt have been one in sight. Dont kids play conkers anymore?

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

No, you're right there.

Its got a lock.

Its got a water point by a huge horse chestnut tree. Load of conkers just lying on the ground. 40 years ago there wouldnt have been one in sight. Dont kids play conkers anymore?

Probably against health and safety these days. By the time they have donned all the PPE,playtime is over.

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

No, you're right there.

Its got a lock.

You can make a soap substitute out of cookers, maybe the locals carn't afford soap

7 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

I had a Stornoway Black pudding when we called in there on our yot.

It was a Saturday. The following day.....everything....and I mean EVERYTHING....... was shut. .....until at 6pm, one establishment opened in town...and Indian Restaurant......but they didnt have any black pudding.

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I had a Stornoway Black pudding when we called in there on our yot.

It was a Saturday. The following day.....everything....and I mean EVERYTHING....... was shut. .....until at 6pm, one establishment opened in town...and Indian Restaurant......but they didnt have any black pudding.

The Hebrides really do close down fully on the sabbath.

3 hours ago, tree monkey said:

I recall going to a pub called "The Bucket of Blood" on the river Douglas with my late uncle, apparently named because a previous landlord would swap a pint of beer for a bucket of blood to make his black puddings with.

• Greenie 1

Definitely bonkers. And I do know what "queue" is,,,,,though there were several other words/slang that were totally over my head. 

To be fair, that "food" was in a can/tin of uncertain age. I would assume that infantrymen everywhere, regardless of nationality, hate their rations. But it looked foul. 

Meat pies, on the other hand (at least those seen in the YouTube videos) look interesting.

21 minutes ago, AllenTC2 said:

Definitely bonkers. And I do know what "queue" is

That is good. If you ever do make it across the pond, you will be doing a lot of it. It is a national pass time. We even queue up when ordering stuff online. I spent 3 hours in a queue on Amazon the other day.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, AllenTC2 said:

Definitely bonkers. And I do know what "queue" is,,,,,though there were several other words/slang that were totally over my head. 

To be fair, that "food" was in a can/tin of uncertain age. I would assume that infantrymen everywhere, regardless of nationality, hate their rations. But it looked foul. 

Meat pies, on the other hand (at least those seen in the YouTube videos) look interesting.

It's soldiers the world over that complain about compo/k rations! I have to say I used to enjoy babies heads in compo rations along with the sausages