Webasto help

Featured Posts

Hi all.

Sorry if this thread has been on before, and I'm probably posting in the wrong section; nevertheless, can anyone help with a Webasto heater/hot water heater with remote display thing?

Me and my Mrs have just bought a boat and are novices. The boat has a Webasto heater that apparently heats the water. I've visibly seen it under the engine bay, and the panel is on the control panel. Thing is, I can't seem to start it. I'm not sure if it has a separate diesel tank that needs filling, which isn't connected to the main diesel tank? I've played with the panel and tried to follow the instructions from a YouTube tutorial. But I can't seem to get it to store any settings, and I can't seem to manually turn the uni on or off - as I'd be happy with that at this point. It's warm enough with the fire for now, as that tends to stay in until morning. 

I think I might need an electrician to tidy (and label) a few bits up for me. Any recommendations for any on the Leeds and Lancaster canal (near whitebear).

We've just had the boat moved here so haven't really been able to speak to people in the long row of boats I'm apart of, as the weather's been shite. Obviously, I'm willing to pay. But if I could get a quote for an electrical tidy? 

Anyone?

Cheers. 

There are two types of controllers that can be used with these. One is a basic on/off switch with (I think) a 1 hour timer. The other is a multi day, up to three times a day timer with an on/off override.

A photo of the controller will idenidentify it and then forum members can  advise on its operation.

Alternatively if you had a full survey, the surveyor should have checked it for correct operation, and a quick phone call to him may result in him telling you how to operate it.

8 minutes ago, Tony Custard said:

I've been given a number for someone who should be able to help. But will take photos just in case I've missed a switch. 

I had a survey, but that was the hull a few months back.

Tony, just find someone who will have a look for you before employing someone at eight billion pounds per hour. Yes if it needs sorting, by all means get it done properly but there will be a boater of long standing in the vicinity who will be more than happy to have a quick look for nowt for you to see if the problem is obvious or indeed a problem of your making even :cheers:

• Greenie 1

If that was possible that would be the best option. But I've got a feeling it might need a bit of work, and boat electrics are a bit tricky for me. That and a lack of time through working will hopefully lead to a mix of both - someone local who won't charge the earth.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Tony, just find someone who will have a look for you before employing someone at eight billion pounds per hour. Yes if it needs sorting, by all means get it done properly but there will be a boater of long standing in the vicinity who will be more than happy to have a quick look for nowt for you to see if the problem is obvious or indeed a problem of your making even :cheers:

Ive briefly tried it and it does nothing -no fan,fuel pump etc. Panel on it is a Heatmiser which baffle me at the best of times to be fair. Pressed the on/off symbol switch which is the one I thought manually started it. And then every other one trying to start it ? Good chance it is either not connected or the fuse has gone.

Tony-cant say as I actually checked the fuel lines but you definetely only have one fuel tank so it will be fed from there...

• Greenie 1

Probably the heatmiser is powered directly by The Webasto, so when you press buttons on the heatmiser the display should come on.  If it doesn’t it possibly indicates that the power to the Webasto is disconnected possibly fuse missing.

if however it lights up then you need to check the heatmiser is calling for heat, in which case this might help

https://www.heatmiser.com/en/download/211/english/7477/tm1-tm1-n-manual.pdf

• Greenie 1

Tony, I had a problem recently with my Webasto Thermo Top C heater and Heatmiser,  wouldn't power on.

I did the unthinkable and read the webasto manual, in the faults section it explains the Webasto can go into an error mode, the way to reset it is to follow a simple process of  moving the blade fuses on the installation and reinstating,.

I am away from the boat so I cant give you the exact process, I am sure you can google it.

It sorted the problem I had, hope it might help.

13 hours ago, Fender151 said:

Tony, I had a problem recently with my Webasto Thermo Top C heater and Heatmiser,  wouldn't power on.

I did the unthinkable and read the webasto manual, in the faults section it explains the Webasto can go into an error mode, the way to reset it is to follow a simple process of  moving the blade fuses on the installation and reinstating,.

I am away from the boat so I cant give you the exact process, I am sure you can google it.

It sorted the problem I had, hope it might help.

Hi

I'm the same at the minute, as not sure which model it is. I know it's a heatmiser controller but not sure about the main unit.

It's a maze of new artifacts to me. 

23 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

Probably the heatmiser is powered directly by The Webasto, so when you press buttons on the heatmiser the display should come on.  If it doesn’t it possibly indicates that the power to the Webasto is disconnected possibly fuse missing.

if however it lights up then you need to check the heatmiser is calling for heat, in which case this might help

Cheers for this will have a look when I'm back on it in a couple of days

23 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

On 13/10/2019 at 20:21, PaulJ said:

Ive briefly tried it and it does nothing -no fan,fuel pump etc. Panel on it is a Heatmiser which baffle me at the best of times to be fair. Pressed the on/off symbol switch which is the one I thought manually started it. And then every other one trying to start it ? Good chance it is either not connected or the fuse has gone.

Tony-cant say as I actually checked the fuel lines but you definetely only have one fuel tank so it will be fed from there...

Do they have fuses on the actual engine part, as I've checked the normal fuses and the bank of bullet fuses it has, all seem fine?

The heater lights up and I seem to alter the time of the timer, but either doesn't save the settings, or, it's just not starting the actual unit. It's going to get cold soon, so will probably try and get someone with some experience to have a look. Paid in either shekles or beer

Hi Tony,

On my installation, there are two blade fuses close to the webasto unit under a blue weather proof fuse holder.

These are the ones the manual advises to take out and reinstate, following the process in the manual, that i cant fully remember 

Hi

Thanks for this. Are you on your boat currently? If so, any chance of a photo of the fuse you're talking about. I'm going over to my boat tonight and taking some photos in case anybody can see anything specific that I'm either doing wrong or missing.

Thanks

I am afraid not Tony, for what it's worth,

On my installation the webasto unit is mounted on the front of the bulkhead on the left hand side of the engine bay, the fuses on mine are on the right of unit.

As mentioned, I have two blade fuses one yellow, one black, under two blue weatherproof rubber tops.

I you post a photo of your installation I will see if I can identify the fuses on your install.