I never did like Steve Haywood

nicknorman

Featured Posts

35 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Oi! Please don't disparage people with Asperger's by accusing them of this sort of unseemly behaviour.  ?   Did you mean Tourette's ?

I keep shouting out ‘Cauliflower’ and ‘Broccoli’. I think I may have Flourettes. 

Oh look, closer to 600 than 500...

2 hours ago, Murflynn said:

I've watched the video several times and now have great sympathy for Steve Haywood.   Clearly he suffered a paralytic episode and froze at the helm, then when he came to he steered the wrong way in utter panic, and then, to cover his embarrassment, had an Asperger's moment (or more like a period) when all he could do was shout his filthy mouth off at an innocent and well-meaning hirer. 

Seriously, there should be a benevolent fund set up to look after sad chaps like Steve.  He should of course be excused from further boating duties, and the authorities can assist by not renewing the licence of any boat he claims to own.  Perhaps the best place for him is in a hospice where he can live out the rest of his years without the risk of offending the public.

Please get your 'moments' right it was a Tourette's moment not an Asperger's moment :rolleyes:

ETA sorry, missed the earlier post:unsure:

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

9 hours ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Did you mean this.....

\mu _{n}=\int r^{n}\,\rho (r)\,dr

:rolleyes:

NON !!!

PS: having got A grades in pure maths, applied maths and further maths at A level, and gone on to study year 1 and year 2 maths at Uni, I then spent 45 years in civil engineering and never needed to integrate or differentiate except when living in mixed race construction camps in various parts of the world and when trying to keep a level head while managing 2 projects in N.I. at the height of the Troubles.

Edited by Murflynn

5 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

We at 600 yet?

Does that figure have a particular significance?

Puzzlingly, Tree Monkey's last post shows as no.559 om my screen, while mine and Alan's, which follow it, are 551 and 552. Curiouser and curiouser.

Edited by Athy

17 minutes ago, Athy said:

Puzzlingly, Tree Monkey's last post shows as no.559 om my screen, while mine and Alan's, which follow it, are 551 and 552. Curiouser and curiouser.

Its just another bug in the forum software. I gave up commenting about it about three years ago as everyone said it doesn't matter. 

It does to me!

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Its just another bug in the forum software. I gave up commenting about it about three years ago as everyone said it doesn't matter. 

It does to me!

It appears to have righted itself now.

6 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

It does to me!

In 1940 (or maybe 41) Donitz stopped the sequential numbering of his U-Boats. This tactic was intended to confuse the enemy - us.  No wonder we're all so confused - it's happening everywhere! 

Edited by Sea Dog
It posted whilst I was still typing!

33 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Hang on I'll have a count up ………………………...

No.

32 minutes ago, Athy said:

Not particularly, in fact no significance at all

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Your 563 is followed by 551

Screenshot (8).png

I'm using Chrome on an Android tablet and the numbering there is sequentially correct, both for this example and as far back as I've looked. Maybe it's a browser specific thing?

I blame quantum mechanics.   The little b*ggers are popping up and then disappearing all over the place.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Your post shows as a triplicate no.551. Perhaps someone who's better at maths than me can explain this.

you'd better ask the gypsy outlaw then.

31 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Deleted one word for you.

Well lets go out and hang a few people who we think are in the wrong upsetting another boater shall we. I have never in the past witnest on this forum such a continual effort to rip an individual apart. If it had been a company the mods would have pulled it 550+ posts ago

• Greenie 1