I never did like Steve Haywood

nicknorman

Featured Posts

We have a 5 month old puppy who is at the stage of everything going into his mouth. Yesterday he extracted a book from the bookcase and started to demolish it. The book was "Fruit Flies Like a banana" . He obviously didn't rate it very highly either ? 

The book is now in the bin.

haggis

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Not yet, anyway.

I've read it again. It started "He's back" which did give the impression that he was back at CB, but in fact he has simply posted on Face Book or something similar.

He had a chance to apologise and explain we all have bad days with momentary bad decisions and eat a little humble pie.

Most would cut anyone a little slack if the above was done.

I'm afraid his reaction has made him appear what most people initially suggested.

No class - darling.. just another grey haired angry birk whinging about his first world problems. And toxic to any publisher. ;)

Edited by mark99

5 hours ago, jeddlad said:

Steve Haywood has only got 996 followers on Twitter. 

"Only"? If I had 996 people following me around I'd think that that was a large number.

As I am not a user of Twitter (twitterer? twit?), may I ask what these "followers" actually do?

15 minutes ago, Athy said:

"Only"? If I had 996 people following me around I'd think that that was a large number.

As I am not a user of Twitter (twitterer? twit?), may I ask what these "followers" actually do?

If you “follow” someone like SH on Twitter, it means that when they post something, you receive a notification and /or their post appears on your feed. It’s a way of filtering the millions of posts that are made every day, to see just the ones from people you are interested in.

The number of followers is seen as a badge of honour (and self importance), one of the many evils of social media!

CWDF has a similar concept except that you can “follow” a thread, rather than a person.

Edited by nicknorman

3 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

CWDF has a similar concept except that you can “follow” a thread, rather than a person.

Yes I find it curious that you can't 'follow' a CWF member and elect to see the new posts of all those you follow. 

Other forums I've been members of had such a facility and it was really nice to have and use.

8 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes I find it curious that you can't 'follow' a CWF member and elect to see the new posts of all those you follow. 

Other forums I've been members of had such a facility and it was really nice to have and use.

As your profile claims that you have 44 followers, I'm not sure if this is the case.

Just now, Athy said:

As your profile claims that you have 44 followers, I'm not sure if this is the case.

It IS the case, unless you can point to a link or way for followers to see the posts of just their followees.

Choosing to "follow" someone on CWF is supremely pointless as far as I can determine. Or is there a point (as there is on Twitter or Facebook) that I'm missing?

7 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

It IS the case, unless you can point to a link or way for followers to see the posts of just their followees.

Choosing to "follow" someone on CWF is supremely pointless as far as I can determine. Or is there a point (as there is on Twitter or Facebook) that I'm missing?

I don't know how you follow someone or what benefits it gives either party but you certainly have 44 followers :

Edit : looking into the 'system' it states that your followers receive a message each time you make a post.

Screenshot (37).png

Edited by Alan de Enfield

not having a smartphone and avoiding twittering and facebookering and instantgramming I had no idea about all this nonsense.     is it any wonder that half the world goes around with their face stuck in a screenwatching pose, whether they are driving, walking the dog, crossing a zebra crossing or having a meal with friends?

they should all be struck with a reality cosh.   

• Greenie 3

15 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

not having a smartphone and avoiding twittering and facebookering and instantgramming I had no idea about all this nonsense.     is it any wonder that half the world goes around with their face stuck in a screenwatching pose, whether they are driving, walking the dog, crossing a zebra crossing or having a meal with friends?

they should all be struck with a reality cosh.   

Couldn't agree more. The worlds finances will never recover properly whilst folk keep playing with these devices and social media.  I look at facebook but don't participate but just to see the rubbish my nephews and relations stick on there. On the righthand side of the home page is all you friends and relations and I know who should be at work out of them all and they all muck about on there every few minutes when they should be at work, never mind playing games and doing other media like Whatsapps and stuff. Biggest cause of accidents too in my opinion, in cars, in the street and boats, sinking, cilling ect but of course no one ever admits it.

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Couldn't agree more. The worlds finances will never recover properly whilst folk keep playing with these devices and social media.  I look at facebook but don't participate but just to see the rubbish my nephews and relations stick on there. On the righthand side of the home page is all you friends and relations and I know who should be at work out of them all and they all muck about on there every few minutes when they should be at work, never mind playing games and doing other media like Whatsapps and stuff. Biggest cause of accidents too in my opinion, in cars, in the street and boats, sinking, cilling ect but of course no one ever admits it.

I completely agree many people spend far too much time on smart phones and social media causes a lot of mental health/anxiety issues for teens especially. But to say the world's finances won't recover (actually they have-we don't feel it in the UK perhaps because of austerity?) and it's the biggest cause of accidents is a stretch? 

6 minutes ago, Dave123 said:

I completely agree many people spend far too much time on smart phones and social media causes a lot of mental health/anxiety issues for teens especially. But to say the world's finances won't recover (actually they have-we don't feel it in the UK perhaps because of austerity?) and it's the biggest cause of accidents is a stretch? 

I think they spend almost all their time playing on smart phones. There must be a phenominal amount of working time wasted mucking about on them, fiddling with them under their work benches and desks, You see it everywhere, folk walking into lamposts, whilst driving their cars and boats,, stomping around locks doing it and sometimes falling into the locks. Thats happened twice here at our lock.