I never did like Steve Haywood

nicknorman

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

I have been informed today that Steve is no longer a contributor to Canal Boat magazine. 

Please therefore continue to support the magazine. It’s a valuable resource to the community, run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. 

The last thing I want is for me being rammed by SH to affect sales of the mag. 

Thanks all, and happy cruising!

Will (That Guy)

So he could still be working for the company and contributing to their free monthly magazine. Can't think of the name at moment but Bones writes for it

5 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Me probably :) as far as no longer contributing but as the boat is sold not literally.

Oh have you stopped writing for CB? If so, a shame. When we first got our boat and I knew nothing (as opposed to now when I pretend to know everything!) I found your writings very informative and useful. To the extent that I didn’t want to chuck away the mag each month and kept them as a sort of reference library. Don’t underestimate your contribution!

Edit: and I rarely read SH’s contribution because it was opinion and unfactual. Opinions are 10 a penny, proper facts are rarer and more valuable!

Edited by nicknorman
  • Greenie 3

14 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Oh have you stopped writing for CB? If so, a shame. When we first got our boat and I knew nothing (as opposed to now when I pretend to know everything!) I found your writings very informative and useful. To the extent that I didn’t want to chuck away the mag each month and kept them as a sort of reference library. Don’t underestimate your contribution!

Edit: and I rarely read SH’s contribution because it was opinion and unfactual. Opinions are 10 a penny, proper facts are rarer and more valuable!

No, still writing at the moment but I have no idea for how much longer because I get very few questions nowadays so are using up my archived ones.

I was answering a question from Alan about who would be the next CB contributor to go in a hopefully humorous way because I suspect I am the only other regular contributor who  in on here.

17 hours ago, Neil2 said:

Not sure if anyone else has posted this but If anyone's interested, I believe Mr Haywood is giving a talk on 11 November https://www.waterways.org.uk/iwa/calendar/event/view?id=4035

Suggestions for the subject matter..?   How about:

"When everyone else turns right, turn left."

"Ten steps to conflict resolution"

"How to survive on a desert island" 

This site is temporarily down for maintenance. A euphemism perhaps?

• 1 month later...

Goodness me. He's back and not very conciliatory... https://twitter.com/Cutdreamer/with_replies

"What are you on about, you tosser? Come out from behind your anonymity and say who you are. You're just a keyboard troll with no interest in the truth. You make me sick"

"Come on  say what you mean, say who you you are. I'll add you to the court papers."

"Ill informed gossip from anonymous people like you who know f*ck all about boating but make accusations with out seeking the other side of the story. "

"It was an attempt to regain control of the boat. And why had I lost it? Because I'd been in full reverse and the boat was twisting, caught by the oncoming weir stream. Not what it says in the video, though."

etc., etc.

• Love 1

He just doesn’t know when to stop!

He might have got away with it without the video evidence, which clearly showed what went on. No need to hear “the other side “

Hope I never have the misfortune to meet him.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Richard Fairhurst said:

Goodness me. He's back and not very conciliatory... https://twitter.com/Cutdreamer/with_replies

"What are you on about, you tosser? Come out from behind your anonymity and say who you are. You're just a keyboard troll with no interest in the truth. You make me sick"

"Come on  say what you mean, say who you you are. I'll add you to the court papers."

"Ill informed gossip from anonymous people like you who know f*ck all about boating but make accusations with out seeking the other side of the story. "

"It was an attempt to regain control of the boat. And why had I lost it? Because I'd been in full reverse and the boat was twisting, caught by the oncoming weir stream. Not what it says in the video, though."

etc., etc.

What a charmer....

21 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Highly objectionable, offensive, odious, an obnoxious, ill-mannered immature person with ideas of grandeur.

a cycle path, possibly. Certainly some of the traits associated with cycle paths. 

3 hours ago, Richard Fairhurst said:

etc., etc.

Oh my word that man is full of hate and vitriol.

'the oncoming weir stream' ???????

silly sod, he was at least 300m below the weir and the Thames was very placid at that point.  

if he is so incompetent that he can't control his boat under those conditions he should be banned from the Thames as a proven danger to all other boat users.

Edited by Murflynn

1 hour ago, Murflynn said:

silly sod, he was at least 300m below the weir and the Thames was very placid at that point.

He knows this perfectly well. His statements are a curious and often successful style of aggression one encounters in people once in a while. Often in politicians and sometimes in the type of highly successful business people who get their way by steam-rollering people.

He is perfectly aware he is doing it, and has honed the technique to perfection. 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
spellin

15 hours ago, Richard Fairhurst said:

etc., etc.

Having just dipped a toe onto his twitter page, blimey, he is still digging. 

Saying that the other boat nipped into a mooring leaving him only 45 seconds to manœuvre...... how much time does a competent boater need, on a placid stretch of river, with no or almost no wind or current?

He makes statements that the video prove to be wrong, but let’s hope he carries on digging, as it is fun to watch a man make a fool of himself, without help from anyone else.