I never did like Steve Haywood

nicknorman

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Well lets go out and hang a few people who we think are in the wrong upsetting another boater shall we. I have never in the past witnest on this forum such a continual effort to rip an individual apart. If it had been a company the mods would have pulled it 550+ posts ago

Do you really believe that it wasn't intentional, or, justified ?

If it had been on a road it would have resulted in something more serious than a forum 'hanging'.

19 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Well lets go out and hang a few people who we think are in the wrong upsetting another boater shall we. I have never in the past witnest on this forum such a continual effort to rip an individual apart. If it had been a company the mods would have pulled it 550+ posts ago

But it wasn’t that he upset another boater, it was that he deliberately rammed another (weaker) boat in a fit of rage. If he had deliberately rammed a car with his car, would you be defending him?

1 hour ago, Boater Sam said:

How the high and mighty are fallen.

Still, anyone can make a mistake, even a bolshy self opinionated arsehole.

In what way was deliberately ramming a GRP boat with your "20 tonne steel narrow boat" a mistake?

14 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Its just another bug in the forum software. I gave up commenting about it about three years ago as everyone said it doesn't matter. 

It does to me!

Just refresh the page. It fixes it straight away. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/10/2019 at 18:37, Rob-M said:

I see there is no article by Steve in this month's magazine.

I have been informed today that Steve is no longer a contributor to Canal Boat magazine. 

Please therefore continue to support the magazine. It’s a valuable resource to the community, run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. 

The last thing I want is for me being rammed by SH to affect sales of the mag. 

Thanks all, and happy cruising!

Will (That Guy)

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, That Guy said:

I have been informed today that Steve is no longer a contributor to Canal Boat magazine. 

Please therefore continue to support the magazine. It’s a valuable resource to the community, run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. 

Will (That Guy)

If anything, having taken appropriate action in what they could only have found to be a difficult situation, I would hope that sales increase in support of Canal Boat's display of integrity.

• Greenie 3

1 minute ago, Up-Side-Down said:

I doubt such a 'valuable resource' as you Tony will ever received anything but the highest accolades on these pages and throughout waterway 'literature' ............

Thanks but just too embarrassing. Many others, several on here, know just as much but maybe are less comfortable with writing and perhaps do not have a tolerant and educated wife to proofread the stuff I send to the mag. My efforts on here show how important the proof reading is!

• Greenie 3
  • Love 1

Not sure if anyone else has posted this but If anyone's interested, I believe Mr Haywood is giving a talk on 11 November https://www.waterways.org.uk/iwa/calendar/event/view?id=4035

Suggestions for the subject matter..?   How about:

"When everyone else turns right, turn left."

"Ten steps to conflict resolution"

"How to survive on a desert island" 

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

Will (That Guy)

I doubt it was solely down to your err meeting shall we say. he was probably leaving/left anyway?

21 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

Suggestions for the subject matter..?   How about:

"When everyone else turns right, turn left."

"Ten steps to conflict resolution"

"How to survive on a desert island"

"The International Regulations on avoidance of Collisons (ColRegs) - and how to interpretment them if you have 20t boat" ?

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

Thanks but just too embarrassing. Many others, several on here, know just as much but maybe are less comfortable with writing and perhaps do not have a tolerant and educated wife to proofread the stuff I send to the mag. My efforts on here show how important the proof reading is!

Don't put yourself down, I've certainly learned a fair amount from your posts, who cares about a few spelling/grammer mistakes, I am hardly Shakespeare myself and contribute a lot less

:)

• Greenie 1

“Forward, the Light Plastic Boat!”
Was there a man dismayed?
Not though the skipper knew
   Steve Heywood had blundered.
   Theirs not to make reply,
   Theirs not to reason why,
   Theirs but to do and die.
   Into the mooring on the Thames
   Made the posts six hundred.
Edited by matty40s