I never did like Steve Haywood

nicknorman

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Haywood ends up selling his boat because of this. 

He must be getting a fair amount of 'comment' out and about if he is still using it.

Or at least, changes the name(s) written on the side!

Hondootedly, - I'm on my 6th boat now...

1 hour ago, Richard Fairhurst said:

I don't know which one of you this is, but it made me laugh. (@Cutdreamer is of course SH.)

I first thought the writing in the side of the cutter was

"Boris" (made I larf...)

A shame it's really "Polis" , but the above is more indicative of the current political situation, not Henley-Ya.

2 hours ago, Richard Fairhurst said:

I don't know which one of you this is, but it made me laugh. (@Cutdreamer is of course SH.)

I love the comment that “This was take 50. The other 49 boats are in the repair shop” :D

I've just seen this thread and have waded through quite a bit of it. Yes, that is indeed Steve. I first met him when he moored near us ina  little side creek above Cropredy. Last year he moored directly opposite 'Trojan' for the best part of a week. I had several conversations with him during that time and found him affable, though a man of definite opinions. 

I do feel that he has let himself down here.

11 minutes ago, matty40s said:

533 posts and Athy joins in, is this a record!!?

I don't know. There are many threads in which I never join at all, and I don't keep an inventory of the stages at which I contribute to various topics. In this case, I've only recently returned from nine days away, during which time I didn't see CWDF. I picked this one because Steve's name rang a bell.

On 22/10/2019 at 14:05, Athy said:

I don't know. There are many threads in which I never join at all, and I don't keep an inventory of the stages at which I contribute to various topics. In this case, I've only recently returned from nine days away, during which time I didn't see CWDF. I picked this one because Steve's name rang a bell.

If nothing else you’ve helped push the thread towards 600 posts :D

I borrowed an e-book from the library about narrow-boats and promptly forgot about it. Browsing CWDF I came across this thread and his name and about the same time got a reminder my loan was expiring. Turned out the book was by Steve Haywood. I let it expire. Don't know what it was about but my appetite for reading it seems to have evaporated. <g>

/G

9 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

"Don't you know a 20 tonne boat with a vintage engine doing 2mph can't stop just like that"

Ah, so that explains what happened between you and Alan Fincher at Alvecote a couple of years back! ??

• Greenie 1

Dammit, dammit - we can't have folks coming onto OUR Thames and behaving like absolute Oiks (or is it Oics).

The locals may behave during Henley (rowing) weeks and the Festival ditto, but the rest of the year there is a sense of decorum.

Thank the Lord he's not a member of any local club.

Not only did he approach from upstream (bad form - sorry, Mike) but he actually vered into the other boat at the last minute.

(good ammunition for further prolonging the jolly old ding dong towards the 600 plus mark)

17 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Dammit, dammit - we can't have folks coming onto OUR Thames and behaving like absolute Oiks (or is it Oics).

The locals may behave during Henley (rowing) weeks and the Festival ditto, but the rest of the year there is a sense of decorum.

Thank the Lord he's not a member of any local club.

Not only did he approach from upstream (bad form - sorry, Mike) but he actually vered into the other boat at the last minute.

(good ammunition for further prolonging the jolly old ding dong towards the 600 plus mark)

No he didn't! he took quite careful aim at it from a long way away :huh:

• Greenie 2

22 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

No he didn't! he took quite careful aim at it from a long way away :huh:

Agree, but at the last minute he further steered in to hit the hire boat - if he had maintained the earler course he would have come alongside.

27 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

... and then, to cover his embarrassment, had an Asperger's moment ... when all he could do was shout his filthy mouth off at an innocent and well-meaning hirer.

Oi! Please don't disparage people with Asperger's by accusing them of this sort of unseemly behaviour.  ?   Did you mean Tourette's ?

• Greenie 1