I never did like Steve Haywood

nicknorman

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

if someone were to set up a poll on whether the alleged purveyor of potential criminal damage was justified in his actions or not, then we (they - the mods, god bless 'em) could close this thread with some dignity.  

But in the 4 months since the 'accident' there will have been some who have died, some who have newly joined and some who have left the forum so would today's vote be indicative of the thoughts 'at the time' ?

Should we then have another vote in (say) 6 months to see if the 'thoughts of the people' has further changed ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But in the 4 months since the 'accident' there will have been some who have died, some who have newly joined and some who have left the forum so would today's vote be indicative of the thoughts 'at the time' ?

Should we then have another vote in (say) 6 months to see if the 'thoughts of the people' has further changed ?

A bit quick don't y' think? We need to re read & re consider....... Oh! now I remember. I lost interest about #20. As you were chaps & chapesses.

Never mind how many pages this will run. I wanna know if it will reach 100 followers. Surely a new forum record. I didn't think the forum even had 100 regular members.When I say regular, I mean daily output (no, not that kind.....i'm thinking of you here Alan).

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

how about a properly constituted forum referendum then?

it must be held once only and the result will be binding and will not be revisited at any future time.* 

only currently living members may vote. 

deceased members' votes may not be transferred. 

the count to be made 48 hours after the poll is opened to the general membership.

an overall majority of at least 1% of the vote takes the day.

any of the moderators may vary these terms at any time according to their whims.

any members using sock puppets as proxy voters will be outed and will be severely censured and required to make a payment of one bitcoin per event to the CWDF beer fund.

* unless Bizzard doesn't agree and has a better plan.

2 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

how about a properly constituted forum referendum then?

it must be held once only and the result will be binding and will not be revisited at any future time.* 

only currently living members may vote. 

deceased members' votes may not be transferred. 

the count to be made 48 hours after the poll is opened to the general membership.

an overall majority of at least 1% of the vote takes the day.

any of the moderators may vary these terms at any time according to their whims.

any members using sock puppets as proxy voters will be outed and will be severely censured and required to make a payment of one bitcoin per event to the CWDF beer fund.

* unless Bizzard doesn't agree and has a better plan.

Not much point really, as Team Mod won't implement the result if they disagree with it.

• Happy 1

4 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Never mind how many pages this will run. I wanna know if it will reach 100 followers. Surely a new forum record. I didn't think the forum even had 100 regular members.When I say regular, I mean daily output (no, not that kind.....i'm thinking of you here Alan).

Interesting point you make. How would you define those members, like me, who don't submit a daily output? Second class members, junior members, makie learners, cadet members? In my view, verbosity  doen't necessarily carry weight of argument

Howard

Edited by howardang

1 minute ago, howardang said:

Interesting point you make. How would you define those members, like me, who don't submit a daily output?

Well, as I have defined those posters who post every day as regular,I would have to define people like you as being irregular.:)

3 minutes ago, howardang said:

In my view, verbosity  doen't necessarily carry weight of argument

I can't argue with that.

10 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Well, as I have defined those posters who post every day as regular,I would have to define people like you as being irregular.:)

I can't argue with that.

I will increase my daily intake of prunes immediately ?

Howard

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, howardang said:

Interesting point you make. How would you define those members, like me, who don't submit a daily output? Second class members, junior members, makievlearners, cadet members? In my view, verbosity  doen't necessarily carry weight of argument

Howard

what has obesity got to do with it?

................................  oh!   sorry!  ......................................................   coat    :boat:

• Greenie 2

I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Haywood ends up selling his boat because of this. 

He must be getting a fair amount of 'comment' out and about if he is still using it.

Or at least, changes the name(s) written on the side!