I never did like Steve Haywood

nicknorman

Featured Posts

44 minutes ago, plato said:

If this was a clip of the boats approaching a bridge hole

The the hire boat would have been through the bridge hole and clear of it long before encountering Steve, who then aims his narrowboat at it and rams it.

Hope that helps...

• Greenie 2
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, plato said:

After watching the clip several times it seems to be case of dick swinging by both participants! 

if this was a clip of the boats approaching a bridge hole who would have been in the wrong? 

No, the only thing relevant to d#ck is the d&ck of a bloke on the narrow boat and having met him he thought he was something special and a bit of a name dropper, something he thought would get him preferential treatment. 

Edited by PD1964

Heywood really makes a fool of himself in that doesn't he. He performs a deliberate 'punishment' ramming because he felt entitled to a mooring, even though approaching downstream on the wrong side.  In his own words he claims a 'hirer' stole 'his ' mooring - reeks of 'boat owner' entitlement. What has the hire status of teh boat to do with anything at all? 

His ramming was potentially dangerous and certainly damaging to a fibreglass boat - he was using his weight and steel as a weapon. 

His nonsense claim about being unable to steer - is either a total condemnation of his capability or simply a lie. I know that mooring spot well and I certainly could have stopped, easily, well away from the vulnerable cruiser. 

On the road - he'd be guilty of dangerous driving. Like ramming a cyclist with intent. Not a trace of apology for ramming and possibly damaging the boat - he was still swearing as he moved away. 

As a driver, he'd be breathalysed - from his behaviour he appears out of control of both his boat and himself. You have to ask if he should be in control of 20 tons of moving machinery in that condition.  

He'd have got away with it if the cruiser skipper hadn't been filming - so the question is how often he's done that sort of thing before. 

Other posters have suggested this is behaviour they've seen before. 

• Greenie 3

3 minutes ago, NewCanalBoy said:

I don't think it's been mentioned yet (I've tried to keep up with all the pages), but has anybody (perish the thought) , thought that maybe Mr Haywood was p*ssed when this happened ?

Anybody know if he likes a tipple ?

I have heard of being rat arsed, but wasp assed is a new one on me.

Maybe there is a sting in the tail?

3 minutes ago, NewCanalBoy said:

I don't think it's been mentioned yet (I've tried to keep up with all the pages), but has anybody (perish the thought) , thought that maybe Mr Haywood was p*ssed when this happened ?

Anybody know if he likes a tipple ?

Way back I reckoned he’d had one sherry too much. 

3 hours ago, plato said:

After watching the clip several times it seems to be case of dick swinging by both participants! 

if this was a clip of the boats approaching a bridge hole who would have been in the wrong? 

are you serious??   :banghead:

perhaps you would like to state just a single action taken by the hire boat helmsman that was rude, dangerous, contrary to the colregs or inappropriate in any way.

3 hours ago, plato said:

What ? I can't actually believe the guy who was moored was so civil and polite.

I'm one of the most tolerant (I think) people on earth. If somebody did this to me I honestly don't know what I would have done.

I wouldn't have offered to have a cup of tea with them. I hopefully would have hurled it at him whilst it was still in my rather large mug I have.

And no, it's not the right thing to do, but if somebody is prepared to damage your boat and put his own wife at risk something has to happen. 

Edited by NewCanalBoy

1 minute ago, MHS said:

If the cruiser is a hire boat, has the hire company been informed? 

I’m sure they would be fuming about this incident. If there is any damage, I am sure they would want to follow it up. 

The skipper said on FB something to the effect that the NB fortunately hit a fender and didn't appear to do any serious damage to the boat.