I never did like Steve Haywood

nicknorman

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I expect when he removes the video footage, the comments will soon dwindle.

Nice word BTW.

Who ever filmed it should send it to You’ve Been Framed, then the footage will live for ever, replayed weekly. And of course a £250 bonus. 

43 minutes ago, howardang said:

Some contributors to this thread who may need to ask themselves if they have ever been invloved in similar incidents.  Throwing the first stone comes to mind.

I nearly destroyed a sailing dinghy whilst going downstream on the Trent after they did a 90 degree turn around a buoy and ended up straight in front of me. I rammed the engine into reverse and kept it there until I could see they were clear. Not sure how close we were to colliding, but we both sailed off in opposite directions without exchanging more than a worried glance as I think we were both more concerned about changing our underwear. I'm still not sure to this day who was at fault, but I think most people just react on instinct to try and create the least chaos in these situations. 

it may come as a surprise to those who think the Dark Side is populated by yahoos and loud-mouthed louts, the discussion about Steve Haywood has run its course over there - the contributors have shown far more maturity than the drivel being perpetuated over here.

.....................  Enough Already !!

• Greenie 1
  • Unimpressed 1

2 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

it may come as a surprise to those who think the Dark Side is populated by yahoos and loud-mouthed louts, the discussion about Steve Haywood has run its course over there - the contributors have shown far more maturity than the drivel being perpetuated over here.

.....................  Enough Already !!

Are you moderating me ?

!!!

Edited by Goliath
To add some explanation marks

This is a pretty depressing and nasty thread, showing a lot of CWDF members at their worse, I was jokingly going to suggest that the mods transfer it to Thunderboat, but it sounds like they are doing it rather better than us.

A couple of years ago I sank a canoe driven by a couple of schoolkids, it was just about 100% their fault and they even apologised for causing me trouble, but if they had a camera fitted I do wonder how it might have looked to an inexperienced viewer.

..............Dave

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

Jeez guys (and gals) 14 pages! It only takes 15 people to convict a murderer! The only opinion I am going to offer is that this thread is reminding me of scenes from 2 movies. "Airplane" where they are lining up to slap the panicking passenger and "Life of Brian" with the brilliant "stone him" scene.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

we moderate each other over there - perhaps you should try it.

I was under the clearly mistaken impression that this was a discussion forum and that threads either peter out or or stopped by moderators if rules are broken.

Last time I visited "over there" the moderation IMO left a lot to be desired and any forum which needed (I assume it has stopped) a thread purely for the purpose of criticising another forum clearly isn't moderating itself terribly well.

• Greenie 2

On 14/10/2019 at 08:36, Phil Ambrose said:

I reckon this is a milestone moment when CWDF and Thunderboat  are both in total agreement. 

Phil

.......................Sorry for the interruption folks, normal service has now been restored. Thundercats can once again fight with Canaldogs.

Twas a bit like the Christmas day truce in WWI.Same time next year?

Just now, rusty69 said:

.......................Sorry for the interruption folks, normal service has now been restored. Thundercats can once again fight with Canaldogs.

Twas a bit like the Christmas day truce in WWI.Same time next year?

I didn't get any bratwurst, own up who got my bratwurst 

34 minutes ago, dmr said:

This is a pretty depressing and nasty thread, showing a lot of CWDF members at their worse, I was jokingly going to suggest that the mods transfer it to Thunderboat, but it sounds like they are doing it rather better than us.

A couple of years ago I sank a canoe driven by a couple of schoolkids, it was just about 100% their fault and they even apologised for causing me trouble, but if they had a camera fitted I do wonder how it might have looked to an inexperienced viewer.

..............Dave

Don’t worry 

go back to post 241

tut tut sinking kids on canoes.  Not good. 

?

7 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Don’t worry 

go back to post 241

tut tut sinking kids on canoes.  Not good. 

?

Lots of shouting, I thought they were angry with me but it turned out to be an internal dispute, one had tried to go to the left of me and the other tried to go to the right, and I was sort of right in the middle.

...................Dave

8 minutes ago, dmr said:

Lots of shouting, I thought they were angry with me but it turned out to be an internal dispute, one had tried to go to the left of me and the other tried to go to the right, and I was sort of right in the middle.

...................Dave

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right...............

7 minutes ago, dmr said:

...................Dave

There’s a song in there. 

?