I never did like Steve Haywood

nicknorman

Featured Posts

So what should have happened after the collision? I assume something similar to a car collision. Any obvious physical damage photographed, insurance details exchanged, hire company advised. Witness statements taken. Police called, MI5 informed? 

I spose its possible all these things did happen off camera, but somehow I doubt it. 

I think what's interesting in this incident is that without the camera evidence, the reaction on here would probably have been in favour of the narrowboat with the yogurt pot coming a very late second. And someone in this thread was critical of the use of cameras!!!

Thing is, Mr Haywood has prolly gone through the whole of life behaving like an arse, I can't believe this is the first time he has behaved like this.

I suspect he is totally accustomed to peer criticism, just laughs it off and this thread will make no difference to his attitude whatsoever. "Water off a duck's back', as they say. 

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Thing is, Mr Haywood has prolly gone through the whole of life behaving like an arse, I can't believe this is the first time he has behaved like this.

I suspect he is totally accustomed to peer criticism, just laughs it off and this thread will make no difference to his attitude whatsoever. "Water off a duck's back', as they say. 

He definitely has the air of someone who has practised being obnoxious throughout his life, one of snap on's finest - a top quality tool.

• Haha 2

In my experience it’s usually shiny Hudson’s that race for a mooring...I usually just laugh as they then ram the bank and make a total pigs ear of getting alongside...it’s in fact a sport to make it look like you are heading for the space even if you have no want to moor there...the panic in their eyes is fantastic!! 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

he's prob'ly proud of himself - attention seeking par excellence.

Just seen this thread on a car forum.

As said, clearly an avoidable collision, passed off to be otherwise, which is a great shame. Particularly unacceptable as the other boat is fibreglass and therefore more likely to suffer expensive damage. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1835958

Daniel

It really all goes to show that journalists have no moral compass.

To publically spout about bullying and rude behaviour,  then give the best illustration of the same, really does take the biscuit.

I can be a surly bar steward. But only when faced with blatant stupidity by people who proclaim they know better. We all make mistakes on occasion, yes even owners! You apologise, move on.

But this chap did not get it wrong . His action was deliberate . He is a journalist, the self proclaimed voice of canal and river etiquette,  then used his public platform to justify himself, denigrating the other party.

That I find unforgivable. 

Edited by johnmck
  • Greenie 2

To quote him from one of his own articles -

"Now let me spell this out for fear there should be any ambiguity. There is NO place for rudeness on the canal, there is NO place for canal rage, NO place for bad language. All this we would agree on. But there should be NO place for entitlement either. It doesn't matter how big your boat is, how much it cost you, how many decades you've been on the cut and how much more you know about canals than anyone else. Once you are afloat you are part of an egalitarian community in which, whoever you are, you have a right to the same treatment and respect as anyone else. And this means you have the responsibility to treat them as you'd wish to be treated."

Jesus.............

2 hours ago, DHutch said:

Just seen this thread on a car forum.

As said, clearly an avoidable collision, passed off to be otherwise, which is a great shame. Particularly unacceptable as the other boat is fibreglass and therefore more likely to suffer expensive damage. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1835958

Daniel

It’s a terribly British exchange of views.

“Your husband, madam, has got issues.“.

Whoa steady on there.

:lol::clapping::lol::clapping::lol::clapping:

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 18:17, rusty69 said:

Hey, don't upset dog guys, his last flounce lasted 7 years. It will be 2026 before his next appearance,to coincide with Halley's comet. 

Thanks rusty, that made me laugh...

Is it really 7 years ago since I posted that flouncing post? Blimey, time flies...  

I'm glad I wasn't missed though.

32 minutes ago, Dog said:

Thanks rusty, that made me laugh...

Is it really 7 years ago since I posted that flouncing post? Blimey, time flies...  

I'm glad I wasn't missed though.

Don't worry, a lot of people on that thread have gone with the wind too. A load of others came and replaced them though. I myself only dropped in to this forum to ask for directions to the nearest off license. I've been stuck in this mad house ever since. 

Wow, that vid certainly did Mr Haywood not favours in trying to prove his point about being a polite and courtious boater...or even that he has a high standard in boating skills!       MtB mentions about doing a stern fetch (current under your stern) when single handed, which I have done a number of times, as well as doing the more tradtional ferry glide approach.      Best moment was arriving in Weymouth Harbour on a Saturday evening i getting a 34ft yacht into a 38ft gap, with a raft of boats on either side 2 or 3 deep.    To be far i had lots of fenders, several willing crew members and not racing anouther boat for the same berth.    Though when alongside a sister yacht did tie up to us as well!