Walsall Canal Dunking

cuthound

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, trackman said:

Who knows, the story may be just that, though iirc it featured in a local rag. The weed does look very convincing at times, I've seen it.

It seems to have happened the link in #4 shows a black car being lifted from the water.

1 hour ago, trackman said:

Who knows, the story may be just that, though iirc it featured in a local rag. The weed does look very convincing at times, I've seen it.

I agree the weed can look at first glance like a grassed area, in the same way the crust on an old school slurry pit can look like a continuation of the concrete skirt surrounding it, don't ask ;)

• Horror 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 18:02, ditchcrawler said:

The week before this occurred, we were on a Boat Club cruise and Walsall Basin was completely clear. We often wondered whether we had bought it down with us from the top, and emptying raw water filters contributed.  As an aside, according to local opinion, the 'smartly dressed' businessman may have been engaged in business of an unsavoury sort.

I once stepped on some grass thinking it was some grass. Luckily, it was some grass and the lesson has stuck with me ever since.  Because of that experience, I've never been dopey enough to attempt to walk on a canal. I count myself fortunate to have learned this at an early age. ;)

• Greenie 1

58 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I once stepped on some grass thinking it was some grass. Luckily, it was some grass and the lesson has stuck with me ever since.  Because of that experience, I've never been dopey enough to attempt to walk on a canal. I count myself fortunate to have learned this at an early age. ;)

I once stepped on a dog turd thinking it was grass which stuck to me. Unfortunately, it wasn't grass,it was a dog turd. Because of that experience,I have always tried to avoid stepping on another dog turd., however, I haven't been 100% successful. I have stepped in many over the years, and probably will continue to do so in the future.I count myself unfortunate not to have learned at an early stage to avoid them.

Edited by rusty69

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

I once stepped on a dog turd thinking it was grass. Unfortunately, it wasn't grass,it was a dog turd. Because of that experience,I have always tried to avoid stepping on another dog turd., however, I haven't been 100% successful. I have stepped in many over the years, and probably will continue to do so in the future.I count myself unfortunate not to have learned at an early stage to avoid them.

Try walking on your hands, Rusty: being nearer to the brain, the message gets through faster.  ;)

• Haha 1

And now another one!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/date-disaster-woman-enjoying-tgi-17078243.amp

All jumping on the bandwagon, or in the water, for compensation?

Now this woman knew the canal was there. From TGI Fridays to the canal is a dead end other than the Hungry Horse pub. Of course she might have been heading the other way to the Inn on The Wharf. Either way, why or how did she end up in the water.

Oddly, where the walkway from TGI Fridays past the cinema to the Hungry Horse ends at the water's edge, it looks as if there was an intention to put a swing or lift bridge. Would save a long walk around but probably council wouldn't pay.