Overplating

Bee

Featured Posts

That's an odd thing....isn't the "new" bit the bow where it kicks in at the end of the yellow toe rail?  The hull aft of that looks to have some age and I'd suggest the bow is from an existing craft (maybe a hopper barge?) otherwise why would it step in like that? (in other words it was slightly too wide and has been made to fit).

Edited by NB Esk
Spelling

I think most older French tugs were converted, like this one, to pusher tugs, as towing, including towing  a tender  is not allowed on French waterways and I have never seen a boat being towed. They are either pushed or towed alongside. If you have to rescue another boat. as I did on the Rhine you need to brest up.

Actually it does look as though its just the bow that's new, I'll have a look at some other photos and see if I can find one that's a bit clearer. It does make them very good platforms for working from and they do seem to get along at a good rate. Many of the very big commercials also have a flat fore end but with a hull shape more like an aircraft carrier, a bit scary when an empty one comes towards you at speed!