Drop-in replacement for 23" square GRP Springer shower tray?

Lucien

Featured Posts

Has anyone seen a suitable product that will 'drop-in' as a replacement for one of the old plain-sided 23/24" square GRP shower trays that Springer used to use in the '80s? Ours is chipped and damaged and needs replacing; I could do all manner of upgrades but time is short and I would be happy for the moment to just replace it like for like. Except, I can't see anything that will fit without modification. There are trays with a wide horizontal flange at the top e.g. from Midland Chandlers, but the radiused corner of the tray recess would be a headache where it meets the wall, so I would have to modify that and the woodwork. Then there's a 600mm ABS tray advertised for campers, ideal in shape but reviewers say it's too flimsy, and it looks it. I could get half a tank made by one of the custom water tank people, but was wondering first if someone had already solved this with an off-the-shelf item?

TIA

Lucien

2 hours ago, Lucien said:

Has anyone seen a suitable product that will 'drop-in' as a replacement for one of the old plain-sided 23/24" square GRP shower trays that Springer used to use in the '80s?

When you say 23/24", do you mean 23" on one side by 24" on the other, or somewhere between 23" and 24" on each side as a square? Midland Swindlers do several around this size. This, or this, or this.

Jen

It's square, approx 23" internal at the bottom, nearer 24" external at the top. The existing tray has plain (approximately) vertical sides with no rim or flange at the top. This marries with the wall cladding on two sides and inside the wooden plinth on the other two. The disadvantage of the Midland Chandlers trays which I looked at in the shop last week, is that the smaller one is significantly smaller internally, while the flange would need rails to support it in case any weight on it pulled it away from where it's sealed. I just had an idea though, to cut off two sides of the flange except for the corner and provide a support for that piece, I have to go and measure it,,,,

Edited by Lucien