Central heating.

Gerry underwood

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, Markinaboat said:

There's been quite a few of these sold with satisfied owners.

Refurbished and guaranteed Webasto Thermo Top C

Its no good going by the Ebay feed back, that just shows it arrived in good time and was well packed and didn't cost an arm and a leg for postage. Most feedback is filled in within days of the goods being delivered, long before they are fitted.

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Its no good going by the Ebay feed back, that just shows it arrived in good time and was well packed and didn't cost an arm and a leg for postage. Most feedback is filled in within days of the goods being delivered, long before they are fitted.

I always thought the same about battery reviews..... usually left a few days after receipt, and generally along the lines of:

"delivered in good time. well packed +++++ "

Which is useful in one respect, but useless when it comes to wondering how good the batteries actually are.

10 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Fair comment Brian but I have read many posts on the various FB groups re this guy and from what I can remember, it's certainly not a rip off.

15 minutes ago, Markinaboat said:

Fair comment Brian but I have read many posts on the various FB groups re this guy and from what I can remember, it's certainly not a rip off.

The bloke is genuine. I have two of his kits, simply superb service. Also very fast and cheap when doing servicing of your kit. There are other members on here with his stuff.  I am into my third winter now with one of his kits that I had fitted, runs without fault. The feedback is genuine, as is the supplier. Lots of people of course unless they pay top buck for anything simply refuse to accept the same results can be obtained for seriously less money.

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

The bloke is genuine. I have two of his kits, simply superb service. Also very fast and cheap when doing servicing of your kit. There are other members on here with his stuff.  I am into my third winter now with one of his kits that I had fitted, runs without fault. The feedback is genuine, as is the supplier. Lots of people of course unless they pay top buck for anything simply refuse to accept the same results can be obtained for seriously less money.

I will accept that, I was pointing out the danger of ebay feedback. I have bought stuff, had first class service so leave good feedback but the items have had a very short life and that is not reflected in Ebay feedback. I wasn't trying to suggest this chap was not supplying good stuff. 

Just now, ditchcrawler said:

I will accept that, I was pointing out the danger of ebay feedback. I have bought stuff, had first class service so leave good feedback but the items have had a very short life and that is not reflected in Ebay feedback. I wasn't trying to suggest this chap was not supplying good stuff. 

Nor was I having a go at you old bean, its just I quoted that particular post. I agree that fleabay is a well dodgy place these days but it can be very good as long as due diligence is persued :cheers:

16 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

and I wasn't trying to suggest that you were trying to suggest to ...... ?

Don't write off a gas boiler. We have an Alde 3020 and it has many benefits. Its main benefit is that it doesn't mind cycling and will happily run at half cock without problem. In the summer when the solar panels are supplying all our electricity needs we don't need to run the engine for hot water, we just turn off the radiators and run the boiler. It cycles on and off at half power without problem and we get a tank full of hat water in about half an hour. Another benefit is that it uses very little 12v power (less than 1 amp draw). The manual states that it requires no servicing at all. If you are plugged into shore power you can use 1, 2, or 3kw of power in place of gas, useful if you're on an unmetered supply. When red diesel is no longer available and you have to use white road duty paid fuel for heating it will make the price not much different.

12 hours ago, stegra said:

He often does full kits with lots of new parts, including a marine grade silencer, but that seems to be his only listing just now. 

Searched and found this. Different seller name but could this be the regular guy?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Webasto-Thermo-Top-C-KIT-5kW-DIESEL-WATER-HEATER-12V-Boat-Motorhome-3-mths-WA/223702820668?hash=item3415ba273c:g:Qr8AAOSwDuldocai

17 minutes ago, Markinaboat said:

That must be someone else. Importantly, that kit includes one of those pressed steel exhausts with a drain hole so not suitable for most marine applications. Also, the Webasto hasn't been repainted and his feedback is percentage is poor. 

7 minutes ago, stegra said:

That must be someone else. Importantly, that kit includes one of those pressed steel exhausts with a drain hole so not suitable for most marine applications. Also, the Webasto hasn't been repainted and his feedback is percentage is poor. 

Yeah, wasn't sure about the exhaust and didn't have time to look at the feedback.